Title: Team Lead, Software Development, Digital Factory
Requisition ID: 87657
At Scotiabank Digital Factory, the reach and opportunity of a global organization meets the passion and drive of a startup. Reinvention starts here-and it starts with you.
We believe that the pathway to success is paved with user feedback, so we're constantly asking our customers how they want to bank. When we find an opportunity to make things people will love, we assemble teams of specialists to collaborate in Digital Factories in Canada, Chile, Mexico, Peru, and Colombia. We work fast, and we work smart. Join us to create meaningful experiences and build the bank of tomorrow for our customers around the world.
If you'd like to learn more about our Digital Banking career opportunities, explore our Communities of Practice, or hear from our leaders, check out our Technology at Scotia career page.
As a Team Lead of software development you will be joining the Constellation team that is reimaging the way customer onboarding is done. We will be rebuilding a front door that allows new and existing customers to join the bank and establish the relationship, whether or not they have a product. You'll be responsible for developing the front end of the application in React and the back-end API in Node.JS. We are looking for a team member who is not afraid to challenge the status quo, pivot and adapt to change and have deep pride in quality craftsmanship with a focus on user centered design. Is this role right for you?
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
- You will champion a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- You will represent team as point person with in-depth understanding of day-to-day team operations
- You will work closely with Senior Development Manager, providing team and project status updates, escalating issues as needed (e.g. resourcing, training, etc.)
- You will develop coding standards and testing approaches
- You will work closely with Product Owner / BSA to determine near-term and future plans for the team
- You will collaborate with Delivery Lead to plan milestones, successfully execute software delivery, and escalate issues as needed
- You will provide coaching and mentoring to team members, and provide employee feedback regarding performance and future development to Senior Development Manager
- You will facilitate communication, coordinate and motivate team to achieve shared goals
- You will understand how the Bank's risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- You will actively pursue effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank's Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
- You will champion a high performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment
*Some of our perks & onsite offerings will be offline as we continue to monitor federal and provincial regulations around COVID-19.
- You have in depth knowledge of programming languages, frameworks, utilities, and other technologies used by the team
- You have excellent communication skills with ability to influence decision making across stakeholders
- You have demonstrated ability to lead team members with differing opinions and levels of experience
- You have project management skills to map and execute short and long term plans for the team
- You have effective organization, planning, and time management skills
What's in it for you?
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity and curiosity and celebrates success!
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create meaningful customer experiences
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- We hire you for your talent - not just a job - so you can grow with us. We'll equip you for success not only in your role, but also in your career as a whole
- Dress codes don't apply here: being comfortable does
- Our work from home social channel offers weekly virtual yoga, social events, learning opportunities, and contests to share current experiences & promote wellbeing in our new remote environment
- Access to thousands of online and in-person courses so you can hone your current skills, or learn new ones
- A competitive rewards package that includes a base salary, a performance bonus, company matching programs on pension and profit sharing, paid vacation, personal & sick days, medical, vision, and dental benefits that start from day one and much more!
- Free shuttle service to and from Union Station, onsite subsidized cafeteria with a chef, and an onsite fitness center *
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Developer, Bank, Banking, Medical, Web Design, Technology, Finance, Healthcare, Creative