is currently seeking a senior Fire Protection and Plumbing Engineer to join our Mechanical & Electrical Department, located at our Markham office. This role requires expertise in the application of plumbing, drainage, medical gases, and fire protection design knowledge for a wide range of projects spanning the commercial, institutional, residential, and healthcare sectors. Why WSP?
We offer attractive pay, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.
- A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer,
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada;
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things;
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
#WeAreWSPA day in the life:
We'd love to hear from you if you have...
- Provide design, calculations, and technical support for the layout of plumbing and fire protection systems for building projects
- Size and layout domestic water, sanitary, storm, vent, and natural gas piping
- Size and layout sprinkler and standpipe systems based on hydraulic requirements of the systems
- Size and select domestic water booster pump sets, fire pumps, and sump pumps based on the hydraulic requirements of the associated systems
- Size domestic hot water heating equipment based on storage and recovery capacities
- Select plumbing fixtures, devices and appurtenances to suit each project
- Attend design meetings and coordinate design related work with other disciplines or consultants
- Compile and prepare specifications
- Conduct site investigations and prepare accompanying reports
- Convert markups into working CAD or Revit MEP drawings
- Review shop drawings and reply to requests for information submitted by contractors during construction phase
- Conduct routine site reviews during construction as part of the obligation to complete general reviews per OBC and to assure adherence to contract documents
- Professional Engineer licensed in Ontario at a minimum.
- 10-15 years of experience in the design of plumbing, medical gases, and fire protection systems
- Well versed and familiar with applicable codes and NFPA standards for sprinkler and and standpipe systems including, but not limited to, the Ontario Building Code, NFPA 13-Standard for the Installation of Sprinkler Systems, NFPA-14-Standard for the Installation of Standpipe and Hose Systems, and NFPA 20-Standard for the Installation of Stationary Pumps for Fire Protection
- Strong working knowledge of AutoCAD MEP and Revit MEP
- Good working knowledge of MS Office and Excel
- Experienced with hydraulic calculation software
- Self-motivated with strong verbal, written communication, and interpersonal skills
- A \"can do\" attitude, able to work independently and in a multi-disciplinary team environment
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively when managing multiple tasks
- Willingness to be challenged with the resolve to "see projects to the end"
is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 65,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe it is expected that you comply with our Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) policy at all times as well as client HSE policies when working at client locations.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.
WSP Canada Inc.