Tax Staff, Expat Tax - People Advisory Services, Mobility
Reference ID: KIT00090
Our high-performing Mobility team is based out of the Evolv1 building near the University of Waterloo, which was awarded the first ever zero carbon certification by the Canada Green Building Council. Our office features state of the art technology including dual adjustable monitors, sit to stand desks, dozens of 90 inch projection monitors and lots of open concept space to team with your colleagues in an interactive, cutting-edge space! If you are looking to build a career with industry experts in a state-of-the-art environment, apply today.
Managing global workforces is increasingly complex. Our People Advisory Services practice provides high-quality compliance and advisory solutions to help our clients drive organization success through human capital.
We currently have an excellent career opportunity for Tax Staff candidates. Using cutting-edge technology and working with team-oriented colleagues, the successful candidate will be responsible for securing and analyzing client tax data used in the preparation and/or review of tax compliance products. Our practice is one of the world's largest and has talented and innovative professionals dedicated to teamwork and exceptional client service. People Advisory Services encompasses Mobility, Global Employment Tax Services, Total Rewards, HR Performance Improvement and Immigration services. Mobility services include Canadian and US personal income and social security tax compliance and advisory services; mobility policy design; executive compensation advice; employer tax advice; and global coordination. You'll be part of a team with a wide variety of experiences and a supportive environment.
Your key responsibilities
• Collect/convert tax compliance data into an electronic format
• Interface with clients and team members to secure tax data
• Formulate a plan to gather/communicate information to the client and complete accurate compliance products
• Analyze data and prepare work papers based on professional standards
• Determine the accuracy/completeness of the compliance product, perform quality assurance procedures, and prepare the product for delivery
• Assist professionals in using technological tools
• Establish/maintain long-term working relationships with clients
• Share knowledge to develop professionally and enhance service delivery
• Leverage technology to maximize productivity
• Contribute to a flexible, stable, and team-oriented working culture that fosters personal development and a positive attitude
Skills and attributes for success
• Excellent interpersonal, analytical, and problem-solving ability
• Commitment to learning in a tax technology environment
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
To qualify for the role you must have
• Bachelor's degree in a related field and a minimum of 1 year of US and/ or CDN personal tax experience or other relevant experience
• Knowledge of current automated tax processing systems and tax laws within an area of technical specialization
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools
• CPA license is not a requirement
Ideally, you'll also have
• Commitment to learning in a tax technology environment
What we look for
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you'll be a confident team player that collaborates with people from various teams while looking to develop your career in a dynamic organization.
What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
• Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
• Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. Recognized as one of Canada's top employers, EY continually strives to be a great place to work and with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today.
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Posted: March 20, 2019
Closes: May 19, 2019