With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there's no limit to the impact you can make. Let's do this.
KPMG is currently seeking a Tax Specialsit to join our Tax Transformation & Technology practice. Our practice combines many different skillsets to assist our clients on tax transformation consulting initiatives, and this role is for a tax accountant or tax practitioner to join our team. What you will do
What you bring to the role
- Act as the tax technical specialist on a variety of tax transformation consulting projects
- Use your tax technical expertise to understand client(s) existing tax processes (e.g. tax provision or tax compliance processes)
- Assist on client(s) initiatives to identify opportunities to improve existing tax processes and use tax technology
- Manage the day-to-day delivery of tax transformation projects for clients, and regularly interact with clients
- Act as the tax technical specialist when supporting the tax technology teams to develop solutions for clients
- Work directly with senior managers and partners, and guide non-tax and junior staff members.
- Unlimited opportunities to participate in business developmen t
- Minimum 2 years' experience in a public accounting firm.
- Successfully passed the CFE, and has obtained or is in process of obtaining a CPA designation.
- Currently enrolled or willing to enroll in the In-Depth tax course.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership and team building skills.
- Strong time-management abilities and self-motivation.
- Demonstrates the ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Is keen to assist in the development and implementation of tax planning strategies for various clients.
- Willingly takes on and learns new skills by researching a wide variety of tax issues.
- Excellent client service skills with an aptitude to understand the clients' business and maintain strong client relationships.
#LI-NJ Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG is committed to the health and safety of our people, clients and communities. With this commitment in mind, KPMG complies with all public health mandates (provincially and/or federally, as applicable) and has implemented various safety measures, including a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. KPMG's COVID 19 Vaccination Policy requires all employees to be fully vaccinated if they wish to or are required to attend a KPMG office and/or other congregate settings in the course of their duties (such as client sites or third-party venues).
As this role requires occasional or consistent attendance at a KPMG office and/or congregate setting, the successful candidate must be fully vaccinated (i.e. have received all doses that are recommended by Health Canada, including any boosters) and must provide KPMG with proof of vaccination. KPMG will provide reasonable accommodation if the successful candidate cannot be vaccinated due to grounds protected by human rights legislation in their province of employment.
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact us at email@example.com
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778.