Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think "TD" if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here's our story: jobs.td.com Department Overview Building a World-Class, Diverse and Inclusive Technology Team at TD
We can't afford to be boring. Neither can you. The scale and scope of what TD does may surprise you. The rapid pace of change makes it a business imperative for us to be smart and open-minded in the way we think about technology. TD's technology and business teams become more intertwined as new opportunities present themselves. This new era in banking does not equal boring. Not at TD, anyway. TD Engineering
covers a broad range of exercises and initiatives including requirements gathering, design specification, industry analysis, vendor engagement and analysis, software development, project management, financial management, test plans and execution, and operational standards implementation. Our highly-coveted Engineers are interspersed amongst many areas of focus: innovation, design, execution, maintenance, strategy, portfolio management. We call all of these things incredible learning opportunities and no two assignments are ever the same.
There's room to grow in all of it.Job Description About This Role
A vacancy exists for an engineer to join the team in the delivery and development of this project and to eventually contribute to future enhancement, support, and maintenance post-delivery. The successful candidate reviews, analyzes, and modifies payments systems including coding, testing, debugging and documenting programs. Installation and patching of vendor provided code on our systems. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of complicated tasks on more than one project in the same week. May lead and direct the work of others. Will report to a project lead or manager (sometimes both). A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
Working on a Linux platform and with oracle databases installing code, working within a web UI for configurations and searching for data successful candidate will analyze an existing system and find ways to do it better. The required technologies are MQ, Linux, Websphere and a vendor built series of tools.
Key responsibilities are:
Requirements What can you bring to TD?
- Responsible for leading technical aspects of project from inception through to deployment. Participate in analysis and system design specification sessions. Documentation of design options and solutions according to System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodology.
- Ensure that solutions adhere to development best practices and architectural principles.
- Apply analytical skills to resolve problems and deliver viable solutions. Anticipate obstacles and execute proactive approaches to issues. Active participation in issue resolution.
- Provide detailed development estimates to Project Manager for development effort as well as weekly status reporting and budget forecasting.
- Configuration management for the sub projects within the release.
- Responsible for coding, testing, packaging, deployment and support of builds as code is promoted from development, system, acceptance and production environments. May lead code reviews.
- Work closely with System Test Environment Management Team (STEMT) to ensure that environments are fully functional and that builds are properly deployed.
- Assist in the creation and configuration of new test environments.
- Participate in development of test strategy, test plans, test cases and testing efforts (unit testing and integration testing of code).
- Provide technical support to business and testing team during testing phases. Track defects, defect triage and resolution.
- Test data set up and environment shake down.
- Coaching / mentoring of junior developers.
- Knowledge transfer within group.
- Ensure required documentation is housed in the project repository and that knowledge transfer has occurred to full time staff upon completion of contract term.
Share your credentials, but your relevant experience and knowledge can be just as likely to get our attention. 8+ years of experience with Oracle Solid understanding Networking basics 8+ years of experience with Linux/Unix 8+ years of experience with Websphere 8+ years of experience with MQ 8+ years of experience with Confluence, JIRA, ServiceNow, Autosys 8+ years of experience with testing8tools like Jenkins 5+ years of experience reviewing and augmenting documentation System Specifications Defect reports System Design Documents Test Plans
Nice to have: SWIFT network knowledge Experience working in the Payments domain Swift Alliance Gateway Swift Microgateway Java Additional Information Join in on what others in TD Technology Solutions are doing:
- Inspire a positive work environment and help champion quality, innovation, teamwork and service to the business.
- Learn voraciously, stretch your thinking,
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.