The AWS SignIn team is looking for a strong System Development Engineer to join our team. We build and manage highly-scalable authentication services with operational precision, and focus on the hard problems so customers can focus on their business.
We're looking for a system development engineer to own automating operational and business practices. This will include identifying and resolving issues, automating and improving repetitive processes, and working closely with the development team. You will become intimate with the architecture of our systems and be responsible for diving deep into code, and developing solutions for our customers and services. You'll drive prioritization of operational issues, and drive automation design & scaling requirements in support of the wider organization.
As a System Development Engineer you will work with a wide variety of technologies and projects that range from third party enterprise solutions to open source and proprietary inventions to solve for the business needs. The ability to build productive relationships with colleagues at other teams will make you successful in this role as will patience and a sense of humor. You can expect to constantly learn new things and expand your knowledge to meet varying business demands.
Primary responsibilities include troubleshooting, diagnosing and fixing operational issues, developing monitoring solutions, performing infrastructure maintenance and configuration, updating, tracking and resolving technical challenges. Responsibilities also include working alongside development, updating/enhancing our current software, automation of support processes and documentation of our systems.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 3 years' experience in a large-scale software development environment.
• Proven ability to troubleshoot and identify the root cause of issues.
• A history of dealing well with ambiguity, prioritizing needs, and delivering measurable results in a dynamic environment.
• Should be genuinely excited about technology, have a strong interest in learning about and playing with the latest technologies.
• Must be a self-starter and motivated.
• Ability to work in a diverse team environment.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• BS Computer Science, other technical degree, or equivalent experience
• Experience in Systems and Infrastructure Administration, DevOps or Site Reliability Engineering
• Experience designing and/or implementing automated software testing, deployment and performance analysis systems
• Experience conducting failure mode analysis in complex distributed systems
• Experience creating, reviewing, and refining design and architecture documents presented by partner teams for operational readiness, fault tolerance and scalability
• Experience developing or furthering existing application and system management tools and processes that reduce manual efforts and increase overall efficiency
• Ability to adapt and improve operations management systems and processes to accommodate rapid and increasing growth in systems and traffic
• Experience with service-oriented architecture and web services
• Experience with agile software development practices
• Experience with AWS technologies (CloudFormation)
Software and Programming