Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think "TD" if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here's our story: jobs.td.com Department Overview Department Overview:
Today's digital economy is driving cybercriminals and fraudsters to develop new and more sophisticated fraud techniques daily, posing a significant threat to TD and our customers. The sands in this landscape are ever shifting and we need a solid forward-looking technologist to be part of our new Fraud Detection practice in Fraud TS. We're looking for an individual with a technology engineering background and experience as a member of a delivery team for multi-million-dollar, complex technology delivery projects, preferably in the Fraud or AML space.
Here's your opportunity to help take a bite out of crime and make a positive impact to TD's bottom line through the effective delivery of Tier 1 Fraud Detection technology solutions.
The System Engineer II reports to the Senior Manager, Partner Management & Technology Delivery and will be part of a growing team responsible for the implementation and management of major Fraud Detection platforms for TD's North American operations.
You are an experienced IT Engineer or Developer with the passion and vision to deliver quality and modern technology systems. You're a self-starter with the courage to go out on a limb and challenge yourself to learn a new industry that may be completely outside your comfort zone, and you embrace a collaborative and innovative approach to problem-solving. Your enthusiasm, willingness to learn, and diversity earned over a lifetime of being you is your greatest asset.
The successful applicant will have the opportunity to be a key figure in TD's Fraud Detection capability - here's your chance to put your mark on something… Job Description Role Accountabilities:
Requirements What can you bring to TD?
- Ensure a full understanding of business requirements and apply knowledge to escalate/prioritize delivery of new and existing projects;
- Ensure ongoing focus on reusability, scalability, and enterprise-wide solutions, to maximize returns on Fraud Detection applications/systems suite;
- Ensure new Fraud Detection capabilities required by FC&FMG, Payments and Channels are supported by appropriate technology service delivery departments;
- Maintain proficient knowledge of the competition, customer / industry trends and technology innovation; identify opportunities for research and suggest solutions as appropriate;
- Keep informed of technology solutions initiatives and IT direction across TD to provide strong support to FC&FMG and other partner businesses;
- Lead the creation of solution options and ultimately a comprehensive end-to-end solution and coordinate relevant stakeholders, as required to support development initiatives
- Develop functional, technical and user interface designs for an application / system that meets the defined requirements (business, enterprise architecture direction, system performance and development standards)
- Consult on development of the System Requirements Specification (SRS) and apply functional knowledge of business functions to design optimal software / systems
- Review technical deliverables throughout detailed design and development phase to ensure quality adherence and identify gaps or redesign requirements as needed
- Work with the Technology Project Manager, Business Analysts / Systems Analysts, and other team members to define metrics and performance goals for the application
- Deliver effective and efficient solutions by meeting key project milestones and ensure that the project deliverables are on time, within budget, and adhere to the corporate quality and security standards
- Ensure design leverages existing reusable components and has traceability to business requirements and ensure new modules are designed with reusability as a key requirement
- Identify and address application and data issues and cross-capability and cross-release issues that affect application integrity
Share your credentials, but your relevant experience and knowledge can be just as likely to get our attention. It helps if you have:
Additional Information Join in on what others in TD Technology Solutions are doing:
- Undergraduate or Graduate degree, or Technical Certification;
- 7-10+ years of relevant experience in technology engineering, delivery, operations or application management roles are a definite asset;
- Proven technical skills in one or more of the following areas are a must: BigData, Data Analytics, Event-driven Architecture, API, Cloud Engineering, Agile Delivery, DevOps/DevSecOps;
- Technical Skills in one or more of the following areas: SQL Server 2012+, SQL for Azure, Oracle, SSIS/SSRS, C#, Java;
- Knowledge of Fraud or AML environments and platforms are definite assets;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with attention to detail;
- Strong people and time management and organizational skills with the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment and deliver high-quality work;
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Access);
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal to communicate complex issues in easily understandable terms;
- Self-starter with a high initiative and the ability to learn and adapt quickly;
- A willingness to speak up and offer a differing opinion when your gut tells you an idea is wrong - but also have the forethought to be part of the solution by recommending an alternate option; and
- Apply good judgment by understanding which issues to escalate, what to resolve independently, and provide suggestions for possible resolution.
- Inspire a positive work environment and help champion quality, innovation, teamwork and service to the business;
- Learn voraciously, stretch your thinking, share your knowledge and educate others;
- Communicate and collaborate with both technical and non-technical professionals;
- Cultivate winning relationships by building trust with business and technology partners;
- Share our commitment to productivity, effectiveness and operational efficiency; and
- Embrace change and witness amazing things happen - from the inside.
Make your mark. Join a dynamic team. Explore new ideas. This is your opportunity to impact the future of banking technology in areas and ways you've never imagined (at a bank)! Visit techjobs.td.com to learn more. Hours
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.