243 Consumers Road, Toronto, Ontario, M2J 4W8
Join a locally owned and operated store to help deliver health, beauty and convenience services in your community, and keep the customer at the centre of everything you do.Why this role is important?
Take ownership and find more ways to care about our local store owners in a career at Shoppers Drug Mart Central Office / Store Support. Provide great service, specific expertise and actionable advice to support Associate-Owners and their staff in delivering the best health, beauty and convenience services to Canadians.Why this role is important?
Reporting directly to the Senior Manager, Supply Chain Replenishment, the incumbent provides analytical support for purchasing, expediting and maintenance aspects of the Distribution Centre (DC) operations. The incumbent analyzes and monitors inventory levels and provides forecasts to ensure overall goals in service level, inventory investment, DC sales and purchasing revenue are achieved.
What You'll Do:
- Monitors various inventory related systems to ensure accuracy of data and updates as necessary.
- Creates, monitors and adjusts all necessary forecast fluctuations to ensure proper stock at the Distribution Centers. Maintains accurate forecasts to achieve service level goals.
- Identifies inventory inaccuracies to provide effective resolutions including; closing purchase orders due to shortages, damages, long term unavailability and items no longer available due to product being discontinued.
- Contacts vendors to obtain updated information on items currently on backorder to provide the stores an accurate availability date.
- Reviews promotional orders, taking into account current on hand inventory and the required vendor lead times to ensure goods are received on a timely basis for distribution to all stores.
- Manages the process of ramping down inventory levels of future de-listed items.
- Analyzes sales and inventory data to determine optimum purchasing multiples and recommend highest cost efficient purchasing strategies.
- Defines appropriate delivery dates for special events purchasing, along with multiple truckload orders, to facilitate smooth inventory flow into the Distribution Centers to meet required timelines.
What You'll Need:
This position requires a demonstrated level of initiative and judgment in order to organize and prioritize tasks, workload and projects. Courtesy, tact and diplomacy are required in dealing with colleagues in every day working relationships.
- Capacity to follow directives and fulfill requests with minimal supervision and takes limited discretionary action as required.
- Professional manner, tact, diplomacy and discretion in dealing with others.
- Ability to identify problems and draw upon a range of choices to formulate solutions.
- Adaptable to set and prioritize work with occasional exceptions. Able to work with diverse personalities and styles.
- Communicates with clarity, verbally in one on one or group situations, or via email.
- Computer skills to maintain databases and spreadsheets and produce accurate reports and documents.
- Post-secondary education with preferred study in Business, Economics, Engineering, Applied Math/Science
Why work at Shoppers Drug Mart?
- Related experience and/or certificate in Supply Chain discipline a definite asset
Acting as consultants, supporting internal customers and the Associate-Owners, you will get experience unique to the retail industry while working for an award-winning national brand. Benefit from a purchase discount program, competitive pay and online learning through SDMU.
Take ownership of your work and find more ways to care about your work, co-workers, customers and community.How You'll Succeed:
At Shoppers Drug Mart Inc. , we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today. Why work in a Shoppers Drug Mart store?
Each store has an Associate-Owner, so you will work for a local business owner while having the support of a national brand. Benefit from a purchase discount program, flexible and varied schedules, competitive pay and online learning through SDMU.
Take ownership of your work and find more ways to care about your patients, co-workers, customers and community.
Associate Owners in the Shoppers Drug Mart network recognize Canada's diversity as an opportunity to better serve their communities, and strive to reflect the nation's evolving diversity in the products they sell, the people they hire, and the culture they create in their stores. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants and colleagues with disabilities.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct - it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.