100 King Street West
Job Family Group:
Develops, promotes, maintains and manages an assigned business/group vendor management program for the management of partnerships with suppliers/service providers that improve productivity, service delivery and quality. Performs periodic reviews, analyzing program outcomes, providing insights and making recommendations for enhancement and changes as required. Ensures the effective and efficient execution of all program components, including ensuring change management & communications are in place for any enhancements / changes and mitigating any risk. Works collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders.
We're here to help
- Fosters a culture aligned to BMO purpose, values and strategy and role models BMO values and behaviours in all that they do.
- Ensures alignment between values and behaviour that fosters diversity and inclusion.
- Regularly connects work to BMO's purpose, sets inspirational goals, defines clear expected outcomes, and ensures clear accountability for follow through.
- Builds interdependent teams that collaborate across functional and operating groups to create the highest value for all stakeholders.
- Attracts, retains, and enables the career development of top talent.
- Improves team performance, recognizes and rewards performance, coaches employees, supports their development, and manages poor performance.
- Acts as a trusted advisor to assigned business/group.
- Participates in initiatives as a subject matter expert for an aspect(s) of vendor arrangement or business process.
- Influences and negotiates to achieve business objectives.
- Identifies emerging issues and trends to inform decision-making.
- Assists in the development of strategic plans.
- Provides input to vendor management policy and procedures.
- Prepares quarterly management interpretation documents.
- Develops and manages business/group vendor management programs.
- Provides specialized support to investigate and resolve complex issues as escalated by end-users or assigned by management.
- Supports management and implementation of documentation / process controls / knowledge assets required for the program operations.
- Coordinates budgets and reporting to track actual results vs budget.
- Prepares financial reconciliations and attestation certificates as required.
- Reviews the vendor management program/processes for effectiveness, considers industry trends and recommends enhancements; makes changes as required.
- Participates in the design and negotiation and renewal of SLAs, TSAs and BPAs. Assess performance against SLAs/ TSAs/ BPAs.
- Manages and administers supplier/service provider contracts in accordance with the Bank's Outsourcing Model .
- May oversee supplier and service provider invoice/ billing activities to monitor cost expectations and resolve billing and payment issues.
- Validates, prepares, and tests business continuity and disaster recovery plans for supplier arrangements.
- Educates and cross trains other team members as required.
- Supports the development and promotion of a business/group vendor management program solution.
- Develops solutions and makes recommendations based on an understanding of the business strategy and stakeholder needs.
- Provides advice and guidance to assigned business/group on implementation of supplier arrangements.
- Participates in the relationship management between BMO internal business/group partners and suppliers/service providers.
- Supports the management of the vendor program, including developing program components, promoting the program and ensuring the execution of all program components and product(s)/service(s) are delivered according to the contractual service level agreement (SLA), technical service agreement (TSA) or business partner agreement (BPA), in compliance with standards.
- Monitors and tracks supplier performance and addresses any issues.
- Executes work to deliver timely, accurate, and efficient service for routine & non-routine transactions related to the program execution.
- Builds effective relationships with internal/external stakeholders.
- Ensures alignment between stakeholders.
- Breaks down strategic problems, and analyses data and information to provide program insights and recommendations.
- Designs and produces regular and ad-hoc reports, and dashboards.
- Focus is primarily on business/group within BMO; may have broader, enterprise-wide focus.
- Provides specialized consulting, analytical and technical support.
- Exercises judgment to identify, diagnose, and solve problems within given rules.
- Works independently and regularly handles non-routine situations.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- Typically between 5 - 7 years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge and experience managing vendor programs - In-depth.
- Deep knowledge and technical proficiency gained through extensive education and business experience.
- Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth.
- Collaboration & team skills - In-depth.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth.
- Influence skills - In-depth.
- Data driven decision making - In-depth.
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Note to Recruiters: BMO does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to BMO, directly or indirectly, will be considered BMO property. BMO will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. A recruiting agency must first have a valid, written and fully executed agency agreement contract for service to submit resumes.
Operations and Logistics