is seeking a Student Project Coordinator, Rail & Transit
to join our Transportation Systems team located at our Thornhill and Toronto office. Reporting to the Technical Director, Rail & Transit, the Student Coordinator assists the project team by coordinating and supporting the execution of project activities.
As a member of the Transportation Systems team, you will be given opportunities to apply your education on large, complex projects. You will be challenged to manage multiple priorities, meet tight deadlines, and maintain a very high standard of care. You will gain knowledge through mentorship and skills development, fast-tracking your professional development to becoming a strong Project Coordinator in the transportation consulting field.Why WSP?
We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.#WeAreWSPRESPONSIBILITIES
- We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion and Belonging
- Our Flexible Work Policy - we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
- Our Hybrid Work Policy - a combination of in-person and remote working, enables us to purposefully think of how we work, who we need to work with, and where the work should be done.
- A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things.
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
- Receive information related to the project and distribute the information to the responsible parties;
- Maintain a register of all project documents by regular updates of related logs to track all documents;
- Manage and monitor timelines related to submissions or review process by email notification and reminders;
- Attend meetings, as required, take minutes, distribute minutes of meeting, follow-up on actions;
- Report preparation and drafting of correspondence;
- Ensure all project documentation is compliant with project formats, company standards, styles, and verification forms;
- With the Director's guidance, prepare project plans including, work breakdown structures, scheduling, quality plan, change management plan, communications plan, risk plan, procurement plan and resource plan;
- Maintain and monitor project issue logs, and provide support to the other Managers as required;
- Other duties as assigned/required.
- Enrolled in a university or college Co-op Engineering program in the civil, mechanical, electrical, architectural, or construction management discipline;
- Interest and or experience in transit operations;
- Have the desire to learn with a good work ethic;
- Excellent problem-solving abilities;
- Team player with a flexible attitude and the ability to prioritize workload and handle multiple deadlines;
- Excellent business and technical writing skills
- Good written and verbal communications skills;
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Familiarity with handling drawings and technical documents and project management practices;
- Able to work in multiple office locations.
is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 65,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe it is expected that you comply with our Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) policy at all times as well as client HSE policies when working at client locations.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.
WSP Canada Inc.
Administrative Maintenance and Technicians