is currently seeking a Co-op Student to join our Rail Systems Engineering team located at our Toronto office. You will work closely with experienced Engineers, Specialists, Project Managers and Project Coordinators across Rail Systems disciplines (Systems Engineering, Signals, Electrification Systems, Data Communications, and Project Controls) with the planning and design functions for transit and LRT projects. Why WSP?
We offer attractive pay, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.#WeAreWSPA day in the life:
- We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion and Belonging
- A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things.
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
What you'll bring to WSP ...
- Assisting with the development of models of various aspects of rail systems and operations, and performing analysis and simulations based on these;
- Undertake data analysis of actual and simulated data sets to assess operational performance of transit systems
- Develop tools to visualize actual and simulated data sets
- Develop tools to automate modeling, simulation, and analysis processes
- Assist with the development of 3D models, renderings, and animations
- Assist with the development of training materials and resources
- Support the senior engineers by performing functional analysis, create product breakdown structure, functional block diagrams, and sequence diagrams;
- Work with tight schedules, be flexible, and maintain a very high quality for all assigned work;
- Support project tasks, based on an understanding of the project scope, schedule, and budget, under the direction of Project Managers and Coordinators;
- Proposal and Project assignments may include Commuter, Subway, Light Rail, Heavy Rail, Transit Storage and Maintenance Facilitates, Transit Tunnels;
- Assist in preparation of engineering drawings, contract documents, and quantity/cost calculations;
- Assist with report writing;
- Assist with other transit related projects;
- Perform general office duties, such as assisting with the preparation of proposals and reports;
- Some field work may be required;
- Other duties as assigned/required;
- You will always ensure health and safety policies are followed at all sites and take WSP's Life Saving rules to heart;
- Enrolled in an Electrical, Mechanical, Computer, or Civil Engineering Co-op or Internship program;
- Excellent academic record in Electrical Engineering field;
- Excellent technical, analytical writing, and presentation skills;
- Programming experience in Python, VBA, and other languages;
- GIS experience;
- Experience with statistical analysis and processing of big data sets;
- Modelling and simulation experience;
- Interested and enthusiastic about transit and improving our overall transportation systems;
- MS Office and computer skills with respect to technical analysis (i.e. AutoCAD and SAP) will set you apart from your peer group;
- Knowledge of and ability to develop Sharepoint sites would be an asset;
- Experience in 3D modelling tools (i.e. Sketchup, Civil 3D, Revit), rendering and animation experience desirable.
- Proficient in Excel;
- Great communication skills, both verbally and written;
- Have shown leadership skills by participating in extra-curricular events or volunteer work.
is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 65,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe it is expected that you comply with our Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) policy at all times as well as client HSE policies when working at client locations.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.
WSP Canada Inc.
Administrative Maintenance and Technicians