Paladin Security: Making the World a Safer and Friendlier Place! Do you have superior customer service skills and a passion for helping people? Are you able to think quickly on your feet and defuse difficult situations? Your track record of handling a great deal of responsibility combined with your varied life experience and enthusiasm for a job well done make you an ideal candidate for our team! The Paladin Difference starts with our officers; we're the best because we hire the best. We believe in promoting from within, respecting people and their differences, providing high quality service and always having fun! If you think you have what it takes to join our team, we want to meet you!
Job Skills / Requirements Position:
St. Clair College - Zekelman CampusCity:
Part Time - 1 positionHours:
Saturday (0730-1730)Pay Rate:
Are you interested in starting a career in a fast paced and growing industry? As a provider of security services to clients with complex security needs, Paladin Security Group is offering an exciting career opportunity for you to give back to your community, while developing skills for future careers. Our training programs are also a leader in the security industry, and they will help prepare you for advancements, as well as build your resume for a potential career in law enforcement. Position Overview:
Working assigned shifts, you will be responsible for patrolling the campus and monitoring surveillance cameras and completing written reports.
You will be expected to perform regular patrols and interact with students, staff, and members of the public to provide direction and promote good customer service while providing a security presence. Essential Job Functions:
- Implement security measures to protect property, control access to sites, patrol assigned areas to monitor activities and ensure client rules and regulations are followed.
- Maintain written reports.
- Perform security checks and liaise with students, customers, and the public.
- Ensure site safety and emergency procedures are followed and maintain written reports.
- Enforce compliance to company policies and procedures.
- First aid - be prepared to administer when required.
- Maintaining a positive, productive work environment through collaboration.
- Perform miscellaneous job - related duties as assigned.
Please note, students currently enrolled with St. Clair College are not eligible to apply to this position. Job Requirements:
- Must possess Ontario Security Guard License.
- First Aid & CPR - Level C
- Valid G Class Ontario Driver's License & Drivers Abstract
- Post-Secondary education in law enforcement from a recognized institution or equivalent experience.
- Physical Demands include excessive walking and standing.
- Patrol area on foot and vehicle as assigned, to ensure personal, building, and equipment security.
- Utilize radio and computer applications for communicating site activities.
- Watch for and report irregularities by completing incident reports, such as security breaches, facility and safety hazards, and emergency situations; contact emergency responders, such as police, fire, and/or ambulance personnel, as required.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Must possess excellent computer skills.
- Demonstrated punctuality and reliability, tact, and diplomacy.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
At the time of the interview applicant must be able to produce proof of completion of the following prerequisites:
- Opportunities for Growth & Advancement
- Extensive Paid Industry Training
Successful completion of the following requirements provided by Paladin are mandatory prior to placement:
- Immunization Record
- Covid Vaccine's Record
- A Valid Ontario Security Guard License
- Proficient in English (both oral and written)
Upon hire successful applicants will be required to complete the following Paladin online courses:
- First Aid & CPR - Level C
- Management of Aggressive Behavior
- Use of Force
- Report Writing
- Additional courses as assigned
- Successful completion of Paladin's online Customer Service
- Successful completion of Paladin's online Patrol Procedures
- Successful completion of Paladin's online Diversity Awareness
- Successful completion of Paladin's online Finding the OHS Manual
- Successful completion of Paladin's online Paladin OHS Orientation
- Successful completion of Paladin's online Dealing with People with Mental Illness
- Successful completion of Paladin's online Workplace Respect
- Successful completion of Paladin's online Slips, Trips and Falls
- Additional courses as assigned.
Additional Information / Benefits
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those applicants that are short listed will be contacted for an interview.
This job reports to the Client Service Manager
This is a Part-Time
position 1st Shift
Number of Openings for this position: 1