100 King Street West
Job Family Group:
Wealth Sales & Service
Provides wealth planning, advanced financial planning, guidance and counsel focussed on High Net Worth and Ultra High Net Worth (HNW/UHNW) client segments. Works collaboratively in partnership with Investment Advisors to develop and deliver a client-focussed wealth planning experience culminating in a documented wealth strategy. Participates in the end-to-end wealth planning experience, from discovery to financial planning analysis, development of high value financial plans and recommendations, to coaching/assisting with presentations to clients. Creates awareness of key products and services with the objective of generating increased asset levels from HNW/UHNW investors. Supports the growth and retention of client assets by providing wealth planning advice/guidance to Investment Advisors to broaden the dialogue with clients, consolidate assets, and increase revenues. Executes a disciplined approach to all sales and wealth management strategies to support regional and national business growth while focussing on the client experience.
We're here to help
- Leads/facilitates goals-based discovery process directly with clients, and ensures standards relative to data capture and plan creation are met thereafter to maintain effective knowledge management within business/group.
- Develops detailed and complex financial plans for clients to help meet their financial objectives. Conducts presentations to clients, as required.
- Implements strategies to increase the scope of services to help clients achieve their personal goals and to contribute to the overall growth of business results.
- Develops internal/external networks and referral sources to grow business within the assigned region.
- Ensures that the region's client experience standards for financial planning and client relationship development are met.
- Acts as a trusted advisor to assigned business/group.
- Assists in the development of strategic plans.
- Identifies emerging issues and trends to inform decision-making.
- Supports the execution of strategic initiatives in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Helps determine business priorities and best sequence for execution of business/group strategy.
- Conducts independent analysis and assessment to resolve strategic issues.
- Works closely with Investment Advisors in the development and delivery of HNW management solutions.
- Works with Branch Managers to increase awareness of Wealth Management Consultants in their branches.
- Leverages expert planning resources in the field of taxation, estate & trust and succession planning to assess and provide insights to clients.
- Builds effective relationships with internal/external stakeholders.
- Breaks down strategic problems, and analyses data and information to provide insights and recommendations.
- Generally, the WPC is lead planner for clients with $1 - $3 million in investable assets with ability to take on larger client portfolios up to $5 million, as required.
- Generally, the SWPC is lead planner for clients with $5 - $7 million in investable assets with ability to take on larger client portfolios up to $10 million, as required.
- Provides coaching/training to Investment Advisors to support their delivery of wealth management solutions.
- Develops and executes regular sales campaigns and awareness articles for Investment Advisors through internal publications.
- Provides proactive, integrated and customized advice, and creates & implements wealth planning strategies to help clients achieve their financial goals.
- Reinforces sales processes and the client experience by identifying gaps and best practices to ensure delivery of complex wealth plans for clients.
- Demonstrates a consultative and collaborative selling approach to facilitate the desired client experience and achieve business objectives.
- Provides insight and expertise on advanced financial planning concepts to include tax, estate and succession planning, philanthropy, and other complex wealth service offerings.
- Protects the Bank's assets by adhering to all banking, investment and lending regulations, Bank policies and procedures, legal and ethical requirements and regulations, process requirements, and established risk guidelines.
- Focus is primarily on business/group within BMO; may have broader, enterprise-wide focus.
- Provides specialized consulting, analytical and technical support.
- Exercises judgment to identify, diagnose, and solve problems within given rules.
- Works independently and regularly handles non-routine situations.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- WPC: minimum of 1-3 years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study.
- SWPC: minimum of 3-5 years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study.
- Experience in selling to Investment Advisors or HNW clients.
- Experience in financial planning is an asset.
- CFP designation (IQPF in Quebec).
- MBA considered an asset.
- LL.B/LL.L/LL.M is considered an asset.
- Life Insurance designation is considered an asset.
- Working knowledge of financial planning software (NaviPlan an asset).
- Trust & Estate Practitioner.
- Deep knowledge and technical proficiency gained through extensive education and business experience.
- Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth.
- Collaboration & team skills - In-depth.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth.
- Influence skills - In-depth.
- Data driven decision making - In-depth.
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Banking, Finance and Insurance Sales and Marketing