4100 Gordon Baker Road
Job Family Group:
The Technical Specialist shall be accountable for coordinating and engaging with Corporate Treasury business partners and the various technology teams (build and deployment services) to support infrastructure builds for the QRM platform (which supports the Corporate Treasury Line of Business).
The individual shall also be responsible for working closely with the QRM application support team to resolve incidents arising out of infrastructure issues on a day-to-day basis
Must Have: The individual needs to have hands-on experience in dealing with QRM
(Quantitative Risk Management) application and must have had working experience with deploying and supporting QRM applications in financial institutions
Quantitative Risk Management (QRM) is the world's leading risk management consultancy. QRM's vision has been to consistently provide financial institutions the expert advice, research, and analytics they need to maximize risk-adjusted returns. Accountabilities
- Interacts with key business & technology stakeholders to analyze, plan and execute infrastructure upgrades for the Treasury technology platforms
- Co-ordinates work-efforts among the various technology stakeholders (deployment services, server platforms, engineering) to support infrastructure builds
- Builds close relationships to understand the various activities that are necessary from a platform infrastructure build stand-point
- Responsible for documenting software build guides (SBG's) for the application to support infrastructure builds.
- Supports the resolution of production issues and problems arising out of infrastructure issues. Makes recommendations to improve processes and systems.
- Actions management approval process and communicates to business and the appropriate tech teams on status
- Looks for process improvement opportunities to increase reliability and extensibility of applications and improve overall service
- Support services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, developing software platforms and frameworks, capacity planning and launch reviews
- Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health.
Technical Skills (Must Have)
- Minimum qualifications: Bachelor's and/or Masters degree in Computer Science,
- Familiarity with Windows Operating Systems (OS) 2019/2016/2012 VCS cluster, Windows Cluster
- Familiarity with DBMS software tools: Microsoft SQL Server 2019/2016/2012
- Exposure to Cloud platforms: Azure or AWS. Experience in building infrastructure over cloud (IaaS)
- Experience in Financial Industry strongly preferred
- Exposure and understanding of DevOps/Continuous Integration (CI) tools and practices..
- Demonstrates expert understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Quality Assurance requirements and software development control and release procedures, especially on then infrastructure build side
- Good knowledge of design and analysis methodology and application development processes
- Experience with Vendor product integration
- Windows System Administration, Networking, Job Scheduling (ESP) experience would be an asset.
We're here to help
- Software: Quantitative Risk Management (QRM) software experience and implementations, Microsoft HPC Pack, SQL Server/SSIS/SSRS/SSAS
- OS: Windows 2019/2016/2012. Windows Cluster
- Programming/automation: Shell Scripting, Ansible, PowerShell, SQL
- Hardware: Windows Server 2019/2016/2012
- Database: Microsoft SQL Server 2019/2016/2012, SQL Cluster
- Cloud Platforms: AWS & Azure
- Cloud Native Services: S3, Lambda, Glue, RDS, Secret Manager, experience with IaaS implementations
- Networking & Storage experience (nice to have)
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Note to Recruiters: BMO does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to BMO, directly or indirectly, will be considered BMO property. BMO will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. A recruiting agency must first have a valid, written and fully executed agency agreement contract for service to submit resumes.