Sr. Sourcing Specialist
Reference ID: 624759
Overview and Responsibilities: Amazon's Workforce Staffing team has an immediate opening for a Sourcing Specialist. We're looking for a smart, customer-obsessed innovator and owner to help build our High Volume Hiring Hourly Sourcing Program. This role will be responsible for the development and execution of our strategic sourcing strategy across diverse regions within North America for high volume hiring.
Though the role has great opportunity to expand its scope, focus will be on these strategic initiatives:
As a Sourcing Specialist you will join our team and be tasked with enhancing our organization's ability to profile, isolate, identify, assess and build a network of high volume candidates for hire within the Operations Organization. You will act as a partner with our clients, customers, business partners, and leaders by performing strategic research and data-driven sourcing activities leading to hiring thousands of hourly employees.
The Sourcing Specialist will act as a subject matter expert in prospecting techniques and tools used for information retrieval, data extraction, web-scraping, continuous process improvement, process automation, and customer relationship management. The Sourcing Specialist will also play an essential role in tracking industry events, technology trends, and changes within the employment landscape which may impact our existing best practices and/or short- and long-term need for hourly employees. As part of this effort, the Sourcing Specialist will participate in special projects in areas such as market mapping, market intelligence, talent community relationship building and prospect attraction.
The Sourcing Specialist will partner with our Branding & Marketing team to offer sourcing guidance around:
1. Expert sourcing brand strategy; uses advertising and marketing savvy to articulate Amazon's peculiar culture
2. Development of social media as both a candidate generation tool by partnering with social media experts to drive engagement strategies and metrics
3. Identify new candidate channels to assess and prioritize program needs based on business requirements and develop the business case for new initiatives
4. Improving our candidate experience and helping us work toward our vision of creating the same type of experience we provide to our retail customers
Key attributes for the role:
• Good command of data and analytics; uses data to influence change with clients and builds strong ROI cases for investment of resources (funding, headcount, technology solutions)
• Global mindset; excellent ability to partner with a wide variety of clients
• Passionate advocate for candidate experience; constantly thinks about how to improve the experience for candidates within a high-volume hourly hiring environment
• Creative thinker and doer; builds and drives innovative strategies to improve quality candidate generation through vendor tools, recruiting technology solutions, and other platforms such as social media, mobile, digital, etc.
• help drive the implementation of the Employee Value Proposition strategy.
• Serve as an employer brand guardian, evangelizing Amazon's employment message and ensuring its consistent execution and delivery
• Write and edit content for the marketing communication, employee communication, and recruitment and digital materials
• Maximizing program ROI - build a talent network while growing Amazon's employment brand in the marketplace
• Outstanding verbal and written communication abilities; written communication matters at Amazon and in this role, you'll need to be able to influence through narratives/white papers (it's part of our culture after all!) and also be able to recognize, write, and coach great copy
• Exceptional personal bias for action; in addition to management responsibilities, acts as a highly productive project manager for complex global projects
• Experience leading change in complex global organizations
• Experience managing and implementing large-scale communication or sourcing strategies
• A relentless approach to nailing the details, driving process and managing to goals
• Strong analytical thinking skills, with experience influencing business leaders with well thought out recommendations based on data
• Must be able to lead and build consensus with senior stakeholders
• A track record of efficiently using and allocating resources while maximizing results
• A working knowledge of current best in class recruiting practices
Basic Qualifications Basic Qualifications: Basic Qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree in an applicable discipline such as Business or Marketing or Human Resources
• 7+ years of dedicated sourcing/recruiting experience, focused in employer brand, recruiting programs and/or recruiting technology
• 7+ years of experience supporting high volume hourly hiring
• 7+ years of experience in marketing/employment brand management
• 7+ years of experience directly managing and developing talent
Preferred Qualifications Preferred Qualifications: Preferred Qualifications:
• Advanced degree (MBA or other applicable advanced degree)
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
Posted: September 14, 2018
Closes: October 22, 2018