DESCRIPTION Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is an Amazon service for our sellers. The FBA team partners with sellers and our Amazon fulfillment centers to create a seamless experience for sellers to leverage our world-class facilities. 71% of sellers who use FBA report more than a 20% increase in sales after joining FBA. In a very real way, we are changing lives with the work we do. Our FBA employees wake up every day thinking about how to enable our sellers to be successful on our platform. Enabling seller success allows us to provide Amazon customers with unparalleled selection and pricing. FBA is a win for sellers and a win for customers. Want to learn more about FBA?
Do you want to join a game-changing, strategic part of Amazon that is growing by leaps and bounds?
Our development team creates the interfaces and automation that allow thousands of sellers world-wide to run their businesses with Amazon's world-class fulfillment systems. With this innovative service, sellers send inventory directly to Amazon where it is stored and managed in our secure facilities. When orders are received, Amazon will professionally pick, pack and ship the product directly to their customers. As a result, FBA sellers can offer their customers fantastic benefits such as Prime, Super Saver Shipping and 24/7 Amazon customer service. We need your help to grow the business by building highly-available, scalable distributed systems that provide clean interfaces between sellers, customers and Amazon's supply chain software.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or 8+ years of equivalent professional or military experience
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• 3+ years of software development experience with Java, C/C++
• Experience with Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) and/or Design (OOD)
• Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithms, problem solving and complexity analysis
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • Strong written/spoken communication skills
• Experience with system architecture/design
• Experience with distributed systems operating in a scalable/high volume environment
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Software and Programming