Interested in the gig economy? Come be a part of the Amazon's new platform, Amazon Flex, which aims to delight customers by delivering packages faster than ever before. We are expanding our platform rapidly to new geographies and products from groceries to big-screen TVs in an increasingly complex transportation network. With Amazon Flex, individuals can be their own boss. Amazon Flex is powered by the Flex App. You can find out more about Amazon Flex, our newest innovation, at flex.amazon.com. Come join the team and help us make history!
This is an opportunity to leverage your technical knowledge to architect, design, and build full-stack solutions which range from web services to web applications to back-end systems which support Amazon's logistics business. While creating this software, you'll be able to learn about and leverage Amazon's internal systems and tools to facilitate efficient development. Due to Amazon Flex's popularity, our ability to engage with, support and provide a world-class experience to both customers continues to be a top priority.
As an engineer on our team, you will own software in all phases of the software life cycle from architecture and design through deployment and release. You will help create scalable, global systems which allow delivery partners to easily onboard and manage their accounts. You will also build applications to manage automated recruiting and on-boarding funnels to meet capacity needs. You will learn about Amazon's logistics network, interact with other teams to build optimized systems, and have autonomy to deliver software that impacts multiple delivery provider programs.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• 8+ years professional experience in software development with at least 3 years in Mobile Experience ( IOS and android )
• Strong knowledge in Computer Science fundamentals, object oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Strong experience with both back-end and front end development (full slack engineering)
• Strong experience building scalable infrastructure software or distributed systems for commercial online services.
• Strong problem solving, design, and analytical abilities.
• Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience with machine learning and big data technologies (Spark, EMR)
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Experience with rule engine systems
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
• Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices
• Deals well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
Software and Programming