Have you ever wondered how Amazon operates its workforce to power the largest and most advanced fulfillment operation in the world? Operating at Amazon's scale demands intelligent systems to ensure that we can innovate and optimize with increasing efficiency as our fulfillment network grows.
We are looking for a passionate, results-oriented, and inventive Product Manager - Technical to drive products in the Labor Planning space. Our Teams build large scale systems to assist both employees and management: enabling innovation in the Labor Planning at Amazon fulfillment network.
As a Product Manager - Technical, you will develop the product strategy and deliver detailed, crisp business requirements that will define the teams' vision. You'll own building product roadmaps, help define the day-to-day product development schedule from design through to release, own the product life-cycle, and perform deep analytics on user facing experiences. This role is inherently cross-functional - you will work closely with fulfillment operations, our human centred design group, HR, and learning and engineering teams in an agile environment launching new features and experiences. Other key responsibilities include monitoring the execution of the project, providing project progress to stakeholders, and pushing for appropriate levels of quality to maintain the overall integrity of the project.
The right candidate possesses a strong background in customer-experience and product management, combined with solid understanding of current cloud-based software and web technologies. You must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment. The candidate should have a track record of timely delivery of projects, be willing to dig in and get the job done, providing input to speed up key decisions.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science or related field
- Professional experience in technical product management with approximately 5+ years' experience
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects - prioritization, planning and task delegation
• Ability to think and react in a high-energy, fast paced environment
• Experience working in a Software Development environment.
• Excellent communicator both verbally and written with an ability to communicate with all levels in the organization (technical, business, executive)
- Superior analytical and quantitative skills; experience using data and metrics to test theories, confirm assumptions, and measure success
- Proven ability to identify, analyze, and solve ambiguous problems independently with an extreme attention to detail
- Strong strategic aptitude; proven ability to define a winning business strategy and product roadmap and gain buy-in from stakeholders at all levels
- Demonstrated ability to successfully influence stakeholders without formal authority, leading cross functional teams across geographies and business units
- Excellent customer experience intuition; demonstrated success in creating innovative and user-friendly products and customer-facing features
- Technical fluency; comfort understanding and discussing technology concepts, schedule trade-offs and new opportunities with technical team members
- Strong bias for action; ability to create a sense of urgency in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Strong written and verbal communication and persuasion skills
- Travel required 15%PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Proficiency in analysis tools and statistics software
- Experience in Industrial Engineering, Process Improvements or Supply Chain Management
- Proven track record of delivering results in large, cross-functional initiatives
- Experience operating in a global environment