Requisition ID: 109706
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture. Purpose
The Sr. Manager, Reporting & Business Insights, leads team responsible for development, deployment and communication of all Reporting and Business Insights for Scotia Securities Inc (SSI). The ideal candidate is a results-oriented professional with strong technical and communication skills, a genuine interest in business reporting and data visualization technology and a passion for leveraging data to drive business decisions and outcomes
The Sr. Manager, Reporting & Business Insights is a key member of SSI and will have a leadership role in creating and evolving SSI's reporting framework, improving analytical processes and ensuring initiatives are executed / delivered in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures. Accountabilities
• Drives a customer-focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
• Responsible for taking ownership of development, governance, maintenance, and deployment strategy of all reports and business dashboards focused on key performance measures for SSI distribution channels. This includes, but not limited to, sales, assets under administration, sales practices, and identifying trending to support leadership decision making.
• Designing and creating reports using data to analyze and improve understanding of SSI advisor and customer behavior, and monitoring impact of strategic decisions and initiatives.
• Leverage- visualization tools such as Tableau & Power BI, complex data and logic tools, SAS, SQL, and self-service dashboards
• Evaluate results, identify emerging business issues, and communicate recommendations for leadership.
• Validating data extraction and report preparation to ensure accuracy and accountability of reporting and insights
• Continuously enhance knowledge of business strategies, processes and procedures, regulatory requirements, and remain up to date on advanced analytical tools/methodologies
• Interact with multiple data sources, aligning with the Enterprise Data Lake (EDL) development projects to quickly identify, extract and format data into easy to understand reports for key stakeholders such as Executive Leadership, Finance and Operations.
• Reports directly into the Director, Strategy, Projects, and Planning and supports broader SSI, defining reporting and analytics roadmap and long-term strategy for Scotia Securities Inc. The incumbent is responsible for ensuring management is kept informed of business trends and alignment to business objectives.
• Provide business insight communications and develop presentation materials to support Senior Management and Executive Leadership
• Understand how the Bank's risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
• Create an environment in which his/her team pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
• Build a high-performance environment and implement a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment; communicating vison/values/business strategy and managing succession and development planning Education / Experience / Other Information
• University degree in Business Analytics, Statistics, Mathematics, Database Marketing, Finance, Computer Science, Business Management or a related discipline.
• Expertise in data visualization tools including Tableau and Power Bi.
• SAS and/or SQL experience.
• Ability to translate technical knowledge into business value.
• Expert proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
• Understanding of Canadian Retail Banking and Wealth Management Distribution.
• Proven leadership skills with ability to lead small team and deliver on large-scale projects
• Solid interpersonal skills with ability to build strategic relationships and influence stakeholders
• Demonstrated success in working with multi-disciplinary initiatives of varying sizes and complexity
• Knowledge of CRM (Salesforce) and Bank Information systems, EDW, EDL Working Conditions
• Work in a standard office-based environment; non-standard hours are a common occurrence. Limited travel domestically.
• The business environment is fast-paced, complex and demanding. Heavy pressure also arises from the need to manage potential conflicting priorities constructively.
• Frequent ad hoc requests from senior officers that are directly related to the above "Accountabilities", deadlines and unplanned operational problems are expected
• The role may require long hours at a personal computer in preparation of documents and presentations.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Bank, Banking, Developer, Law, Risk Management, Finance, Technology, Legal
Banking, Finance and Insurance