Sr Manager Quality Engineering
At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize their dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuel us, and moments define us.
As we grow our team, the well-being of our team members remains our top priority. To ensure the health and safety of our team members, including those in the recruitment process, our team members are working from home, and are equipped to do so safely and efficiently.
We are currently looking to hire a talented and experienced individual for the role of Senior Manager Quality Engineering to join the Rogers Digital team.
This people management role will focus on strategic planning and growth of the Media quality operation. Supporting TSC, Digital Media and Media IT team in delivering IT project, developing standards and quality KPI to ensure efficiency and quality is part of the overall SDLC process. This role will work closely with the Rogers team as a bridge to promote collaboration, tools and process sharing, streamline staffing and procurement process to onboard resources required to support quality activities in the Media spaceWhat You Will Be Doing:
• Manage new project engagement
• Project Risk/Mitigation Management
• Departmental Growth and Process Improvement
• Mature QA Center of Excellence
• Relationship management
• Experience in leading QA streams for projects from end to end for various delivery methodologies (Agile / Waterfall / Hybrid)
• Applied testing methodologies, principles and processes to define and implement test strategies to meet client's objectives
• Experience running a QA COE with year over year maturity
• Define and implement test automation strategy including roadmap, tools, framework and approach for various clients as per their needs
• Ability to define and operationalize key metrics to manage and assess the testing process including test execution and defect resolution
• Experience in test automation development testing API's and web service technologies (i.e. REST, SOAP), and/or GUI applications and experience using test automation tools like Selenium, QTP, or SOA test
• Responsible for overseeing a team of 20-30 (internal and external) QE/QA professionals
• General HR duties including Performance Management & Coaching/Development.What You Will Bring
• A minimum of 10 years of professional experience building QA maturity through a QE/QA COE and driving a quality driven culture.
• A proven track record of scaling a QA team while ensuring the details are being executed.
• Strong ability to read, analyze and interpret test reports, test data and technical reports, particularly in identifying changes needs to provide superior results.
• Hands on working experience with e-commerce systems and warehouse management systems
• Experience with hosted web applications
• Expertise in salesforce products
• Understanding and strong knowledge in CLOUD based technologies like Azure and AWS
• Experience in devops tool like Azure Devops, Jenkins, CircleCIWhat We Bring:
• A competitive salary and benefits plan that include access to our Employee Share Accumulation Program, Retirement Benefits and a variety of other perks including 50% off Rogers services and products
• A manager who deeply cares about your development and career at Rogers
• A team that trusts and wants to win together
• The health and well-being of our team members remains our top priority - our team members have access to expanded benefits support for mental health, financial well-being, supports for parents and virtual health care for our team members and their familiar, as well as access to tools like Headspace, Rogers Masterclass and more
• We launched a National Wellness Fund to provide our team expanded benefits support for mental health, financial well-being, support for parents and Virtual Health Care for our team members and their families to help them cope during the health crisis.As a condition of hire, all new employees will be required to provide proof of vaccinations against COVID 19. Any request for an exception under Human Rights legislation must be supported by evidence to be considered by Rogers on a case by case basis.Please click here to review conditions that may qualify for medical exemption to the COVID-19 vaccine.Schedule:
Full time Shift:
Day Length of Contract:
Not Applicable (Regular Position) Work Location:
1 Mount Pleasant (083), Toronto, ON Travel Requirements:
Up to 10% Posting Category/Function:
Technology & Quality Requisition ID:
At Rogers Digital, our team doesn't shy away from big ideas - we bring them to life. We work tirelessly to deliver the best user experiences (period) and build amazing self-serve experiences that our customers want to use. We are customer-obsessed agents of change and are committed to innovation and creating effortless experiences for customers and frontline employees. We use cutting-edge tools and technologies to solve critical and complex problems with award-winning solutions. Our work impacts millions of customers everyday. At Rogers Digital, we're looking for people who embrace change, take risks, and push boundaries. Learn more about our team and our work @ https://digital.rogers.com/ Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:Our people are at the heart of our success Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do We do what's right, each and every day We believe in the power of new ideas We work as one team, with one vision We give back to our communities and protect our environment
Posting Notes: Digital & Technology
Toronto, ON, CA Toronto, ON, CA Being a Rogers team member comes with some great perks & benefits including:
• Health & well-being benefits
• Donation matching
• Paid time off for volunteering
• Wealth Accumulation including: Pension plan & Employee stock options
• Generous employee discounts
• Leadership development, Mentorship, and Coaching programsLooking for career guidance and inspiration?
Catch up on the latest episodes of For the Love of Work
podcast with Dr. Sonia Kang.Job Segment:
Quality Engineer, Engineer, Manager, Senior Quality Engineer, Engineering, Quality, Management