Requisition ID: 115028
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture. Purpose of Job:
Contribute to the risk management of Small Business portfolios across Canada within established risk parameters by developing, implementing and managing robust strategies, leveraging decision support tools to drive ongoing effective account management. Job Responsibilities:
- Ensure the design, development and implementation of risk management strategies across the credit life cycle and Small Business lending products are effective.
- Support the development and implementation of pro-active portfolio management and de-risking strategies leveraging existing Bank and industry leading tools and technologies to effectively assess/manage the risk of Small Business portfolio to align with the Credit Risk Appetite.
- Provide regular and timely reporting on portfolio trends and insights to support senior management in strategic decision making.
- Ensure the design, development, maintenance and production of detailed reporting packages for senior management showing key risk indicators and performance of acquisition and portfolio management strategies by:
- Reviewing/approving analyses/recommendations/reports prepared by the team
- Ensuring reports are professionally presented and produced in an accurate and timely fashion
- Developing new and enhancing existing reports with consistency of definitions across all reports
- Determining the best data compilation methods and developing/establishing new data sources
- Increasing efficiency through automation of reports, involving EDW and other partners/leveraging data lake as appropriate
- Improving the reporting methodology and identifying opportunities to streamline
- Monitor Small Business portfolios against risk tolerance ranges set for the Bank's Small Business portfolio, and ensure those are achieved within the risk-reward framework.
- Conduct statistical analysis of existing policy parameters to determine their impact on portfolio performance and recommend, as appropriate, changes to enhance performance and overall Customer Experience.
- Manage portfolios in concert with other Life Cycle Risk teams in GRM (e.g., Policy, Collections, etc.) to optimize portfolio performance.
- Provide advice and counsel to business partners/local risk on credit risk initiatives related to portfolio management and liaise with key stakeholders, including but not limited to, Provisions, Collections, TRIAD Team, Audit, Legal and Compliance.
- The Senior Manager role requires strong knowledge of credit risk account management, experience with databases, query structures and advanced Excel.
- Graduate, University degree in business, statistics or data science
- Minimum of 5 year relevant work experience
- In-depth understanding of:
i) retail products and channels, and the markets in which Scotiabank
ii) predictive modeling theory combined with practical application in defining and justifying
credit risk strategies based on statistical models and executed via automated systems;
iii) collections policies/practices and strategies; and
iv) legislative and marketplace issues relative to credit risk management.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to design and interpret information/data required to monitor the performance of the retail credit functions are essential.
- Must be able to articulate their viewpoint/opinions to all levels within Scotiabank, as well as to senior executives.
- The incumbent must be able to represent Scotiabank on risk management issues in a multitude of external venues (e.g., government regulators, banking committees, external auditors, industry associations, credit risk forums/roundtables, etc.).
- Knowledge of credit risk management account management techniques in Small Business and/or Retail credit.
- Ability to quickly turn around insightful data driven analytics in response to risk and portfolio performance issues as they arise.
- Demonstrated experience with databases, query structures and advanced Excel skills.
- Experience with development of strategies utilizing credit risk scores.
- Strong financial skills, solid deductive reasoning, sound judgement and creativity.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both oral and written - presents and articulates views clearly.
- Strong skills in strategic influencing and working collaboratively with cross functional business partners in Canada, as we ll as with external vendors.
- Advanced knowledge of data management, aggregation and analysis techniques.
- Advanced knowledge of SAS (5+ years of programming experience).
- Demonstrated experience with databases, query structure, data structure and data extraction. High level SQL Server, VBA, HIVE, HUE, R, S skills preferred. Knowledge of Hadoop.
- Extensive BI tool expertise (build, execution for data preparation / visualization); eg, Tableau, Datameer, Power BI, Essbase
- Superior PC skills with expertise in MS Access, PowerPoint and Excel, critical due to the extensive manipulation of data required for the analytics and reporting.
- Good understanding of statistical theory and applications.
- Effective time management skills to to efficiently deliver concurrent project deliverables with competing priorities. Excellent problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Leadership and communication skills required to manage, prioritize and execute diverse activities and projects concurrently. Schedules are often influenced by changing priorities.
- Solid understanding of personal and small business credit products and associated policies and procedures
- High level understanding of financial measures of risk adjusted returns; advanced knowledge of risk management best practices.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Manager, Bank, Banking, Developer, Risk Management, Management, Finance, Technology
Management and Executive