Amazon is building a world class advertising business and defining and delivering a collection of self-service performance advertising products that drive discovery and sales of merchandise. Our products are strategically important to our Retail and Marketplace businesses driving long term growth. We deliver billions of ad impressions and millions of clicks daily and are breaking fresh ground to create world-class products. We are highly motivated, collaborative and fun-loving with an entrepreneurial spirit and bias for action. With a broad mandate to experiment and innovate, we are growing at an unprecedented rate with a seemingly endless range of new opportunities.
Sponsored Products helps merchants, retail vendors, and brand owners succeed via native advertising that grows incremental sales of their products sold through Amazon. The Sponsored Products Ad Marketplace organization optimizes the systems and ad placements to match advertiser demand with publisher supply using a combination of machine learning, big data analytics, ultra-low latency high-volume engineering systems, and quantitative product focus. Our systems and algorithms operate on one of the world's largest product catalogs, matching shoppers with products - with a high relevance bar and strict latency constraints. Our goals are to help buyers discover new products they love, be the most efficient way for advertisers to meet their business objectives, and to build a major, sustainable business that helps Amazon continuously innovate on behalf of all customers.
We are seeking a talented, entrepreneurial, and self-driven leader to take charge of allocating and pricing Sponsored Product ads in product pages through real-time auction. You'll be pioneering within a multi-dimensional optimization space which requires us to balance the interests of advertisers, shoppers, and Amazon. You'll drive the engineering and science strategies within Sponsored Products organization, while also owning a broad mandate to influence various teams spread across Amazon retail business. You will be responsible for hiring and developing the individuals within your team and fostering a transparent, collaborative development environment.
• Own technical vision and direction for our product pages ad auctions and accompanying ML-based optimization systems.
• Dive deep into performance and operational data and work closely with product, business and engineering teams to develop a compelling vision and roadmap.
• Present technical plans to senior executives and key stakeholders and evangelize that technical vision within Amazon.
• Hire, develop and retain top tier technical talent.
• Drive efficient execution of new initiatives, including collaboration with advertising and partner teams.
• Manage engineering and science teams responsible for critical high-availability infrastructure delivering ads across Amazon's sites and devices worldwide.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or closely related field
• 10+ years of relevant science and/or engineering experience
• 5+ years of people management experience, managing scientists, engineers and managers
• Experience in partnering with Product and Program management teams
• Experience in building scalable systems based on web servicesPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Master's or Ph.D. in computer science or related discipline.
• Previous experience with auction theory, linear programming, convex optimization, and/or machine learning platform is a plus.
• Experience with at least one big data technology such as AWS, Apache Hadoop, Apache Spark, Apache Pig, Apache Hive, Apache Lucene/SOLR or Apache Storm/Samza.
• A strong track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional projects.
• Deep hands-on technical expertise, excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
• Experience with online A/B testing.
• Experience in advertising or personalization.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age