Requisition ID: 155018
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture. Purpose
The Senior Manager is responsible for contributing to the overall success of the Insurance business by ensuring a high level of sales support is delivered to Insurance Consultants across the country, and though effective coaching and development of the team of Insurance Sales Associates. The incumbent plays a key role in helping the business achieve its annual sales target through that coaching as well as through the implementation of continuous improvements to business processes and sales support. Accountabilities
- Manages a team of Insurance Sales Associates across the country . This includes ensuring that ISAs meet their service level standards; providing regular coaching around their effectiveness in the role and how to improve their performance and help meet regional sales targets; facilitating professional development and creating opportunities for networking, collaboration, and best practice sharing; supporting career development and any progression aspirations; and resolving employee concerns.
- Oversees the ISA role and mandate . This includes maintaining ownership over the accountabilities, service levels, and professional standards expected of the role, along with compensation design, key metrics, and annual objectives. It also includes developing and maintaining a framework for managing volume spikes, heightened vacancies, or any other development that creates a strain on capacity.
- Partners with Client Solutions Regional Directors to ensure that ICs have the necessary sales support from ISAs to help them manage their business volumes and key activities. This also includes addressing concerns and managing sensitive issues raised by the RDs and/or ICs related to ISA performance, as well as issues raised by ISAs related to the work environment and/or IC relationships.
- Leads the design and implementation of new initiatives to improve insurance sales support . This includes soliciting feedback from ICs and ISAs around potential areas of improvement; working with colleagues in Client Solutions, the business lines, and support functions to identify opportunities and challenges; and oversee the management of any projects and execution of key deliverables.
- Develops and maintains a strong understanding of industry and competitor best practices around insurance sales support . This includes building a network of industry contacts - at both insurance companies and competitors - as well as scanning industry research for innovation opportunities and turning those insights into new initiatives.
- Leads and drives a customer focused culture throughout their team to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Understand how the Bank's risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Creates an environment in which his/her team pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank's Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
Education / Experience / Other
- Builds a high performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment and using a coaching mindset and behaviours; communicating vison/values/business strategy; and, managing succession and development planning for the team.
- Minimum 5 years of Insurance and/or wealth management experience
- Insurance license
- University degree or equivalent
- Knowledge of the wealth management industry
- Industry accreditation (CSC, CFP, PFP, CLU, other) would be an asset
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Sales Support, Sales Management, Investment Banking, Sales, Research, Finance
Customer Service and Support Sales and Marketing