Requisition ID: 107645
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
As Senior Manager, Global Testing
, the incumbent is responsible for the end-to-end execution of control testing related to operational, regulatory, AML/ATF & Sanctions, and compliance risks within Canadian Banking, Global Operations, Wealth and International Banking. The individual leads a team in the performance of first line testing and monitoring activities across several business and functional units within the noted business lines and ensures all engagement activities are conducted using Non-Financial Risk (NFR) Testing Methodology, while being compliant with governing regulations, enterprise requirements, and internal policies and procedures. What Your Role Will Be:
Skills You Already Have:
- Oversees the design and development of testing strategies and engagement documentation in accordance with methodologies, enterprise requirements and standards
- Oversees the development of a testing schedule and engagement-specific work-back plans
- Develops and fosters relationships with stakeholders and business partners for the purposes of creating an integrated risk framework, and enhancing business-line effectiveness
- Champions a customer-focused culture and leverages broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge
- Ensures individual and team goal plans are aligned with the overall strategies and objectives of Global Operations and the Bank
- Leads review/testing engagement activities and ensures testing is expertly and effectively performed
- Prepares/Contributes to, or maintains comprehensive reporting on findings, with actionable recommendations and insightful analysis and commentary
- Manages/Contributes to, creation of documentation, review, and sign-off and ensures artifacts adhere to standards and requirements.
- Persists in enhancing the program with an objective of continuous improvement/evolution
- Supervises ad-hoc, special, and/or focused reviews as necessary, as well as other duties and projects as assigned
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk: including, but not limited to, responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Scotiabank Code of Conduct
- Fulfills the role, and respective duties, of AML Compliance Officer or primary Privacy Officer for the Global Testing unit, as assigned
- Champions a high-performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment; communicating vison/values/business strategy and managing succession and development planning for the team.
- 5+ years of experience in the financial services industry
- Proven experience in managing a moderate-large team
- Post-secondary education, preferable in Business Administration, Accounting, or Finance
- Exceptional planning and analytical skills, ability to focus on critical issues
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Thorough knowledge of Canadian Banking regulations - Sales Practices, Anti-Money Laundering (AML)/Anti-Terrorist Financing (ATF)/Know Your Customer (KYC)/Sanctions, Enterprise Privacy, Sarbanes Oxley (SOX), Foreign Account Tax Compliance (FATCA), etc.
- Thorough knowledge of Scotiabank policies and procedures, system applications, operations, support functions, and complaint resolution standards
- Thorough knowledge of Canadian Banking delivery channels, products, benefits and services
- Highly motivated; demonstrated ability to multi-task and deliver in a fast-paced, challenging and dynamic business environment
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with partners/stakeholders, and influence change with numerous, cross-functional teams
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Mississauga
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Bank, Banking, Developer, Law, Risk Management, Finance, Technology, Legal
Banking, Finance and Insurance