At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize their dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuels us, and moments define us.
The Senior Development Manager - Microservices will lead the agile and/or waterfall team and development partners with a well-defined customized software development life cycle process.
- This includes processing definition, Agile Scrum based Software development, Hybrid Agile based module development along with cross functional communication, software technical project management, requirements traceability, source code control, test case management and defect tracking.
- Will provide clear resource loading of software team and capacity planning of the software.
- Successful individual represents the team at Release level reporting status of multiple Agile feature teams to leadership.
- Will be responsible to ensure we follow Development Best
- This includes Code Reviews process implementation
- Ongoing Best Development Practices and ensure Quality code across our Digital Applications and Projects
Sr. Development Manager lead will be required to work within the solution matrixed organization.
- This role will work with multiple development partners to build scalable solutions.
- The development includes but not limited to front end code, browser and/or mobile, integration with middleware and downstream systems
- Will manage all of the solution and project interdependencies, understanding impacts and delivery risks
Responsible for multiple projects, teams and systems. The role requires exceptional versatility including: project leadership, technology, and Agile planning and communication. The Senior Development Manager is required to:
- Manage, negotiate, and coordinate with technology, and business stakeholders on prioritization of tactical and strategic technology initiatives, as well as monitor the entire project process
- This role is accountable for end to end delivery of features, enhancements and projects
- Work other team members to identify and justify investment opportunities
- Work directly with business owners to define requirements (epics and user stories).
- Implement processes, practices, and tools allow for multiple paths of delivery. i.e., create simplified, consistent, reusable, efficient and flexible methodologies
- Recommend improvements and drive alignment across the Digital landscape for Rogers
- Lead and influence others including those more senior on best practices
- Manage partnerships with external vendors
- Inspire others to adopt the new processes and improvements based on program retrospectives
- Manage the team of Developers, QA, and BSAs in the Digital Capabilities team to guide and lead the Technical roadmap and Projects implementation
- Will be responsible to establish a code quality processes for delivery, code control and sustainability
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, Engineering or Business or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- 10+ years of professional Developer experience managing increasing project size and complexity; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- 3+ years of experience working in Agile environments
- 1+ years of leadership experience in customer centric organizations
- 2+ years' experience on implementing projects or Enhancements via Agile, successfully, or Digital Solutions, Server Side
- Proficient with Agile development management tools (JIRA, Confluence, and ALM preferred)
- Strong business acumen
- Industry certifications, including Agile (Scrum Master, etc.) are a strong plus
- Strong understanding of entire development cycle, from concept to deployment and monitoring
- Working knowledge of key technical concepts such as modern backend applications, cloud-based systems, web services, Kubernetes and container frameworks, etc.
- Experience working with outsourced and offshore teams and able to work in hours that is in synch with the offshored teams
- Telecom industry experience is preferred
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and negotiation skills with ability to communicate technical concepts to technical and non-technical professionals
Full time Shift:
Day Length of Contract:
Not Applicable (Regular Position) Work Location:
8200 Dixie Road (101), Brampton, ON Travel Requirements:
Up to 10% Posting Category/Function:
Technology & Software Development Requisition ID:
At Rogers Digital, our team doesn't shy away from big ideas - we bring them to life. We work tirelessly to deliver the best user experiences (period) and build amazing self-serve experiences that our customers want to use. We are customer-obsessed agents of change and are committed to innovation and creating effortless experiences for customers and frontline employees. We use cutting-edge tools and technologies to solve critical and complex problems with award-winning solutions. Our work impacts millions of customers everyday. At Rogers Digital, we're looking for people who embrace change, take risks, and push boundaries. Learn more about our team and our work @ https://digital.rogers.com/ Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what's right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
Posting Notes: Corporate Job Segment:
Telecom, Telecommunications, Developer, Engineer, Manager, Technology, Engineering, Management
Find similar jobs:
Software and Programming Information Technology