Sr Manager CommunityEngagement
Our Connected Home team is proud to offer our customers seamless and simple technology that fits into any lifestyle. Our fibre network supports millions of customers with high-speed Internet, TV, and Smart Home Monitoring to keep Canadians connected to the people and things that matter most. We know that our customers rely on us to provide them reliable connectivity, that is why we have made a commitment to providing the fastest and most consistent network in the areas we serve.
We are growing our Connected Home team and are looking for team members that are collaborative, digital-first, fast-moving, bold-thinking, and focused on delivering impact in everything they do. Come play a key role in building the future of innovation in Canada.
Let's make your possible at Rogers.
Are you up for the challenge and the fun? If so, consider the following opportunity:Senior Manager, Community Engagement - Indigenous Collaboration
Rogers' Connected Home Team is seeking a Senior Manager, Community Engagement, Indigenous Collaboration, eager to join our growing team. You will develop and maintain trusting, strategic relationships with Indigenous communities, economic development organizations and businesses.
You are an innovative, customer service-oriented candidate who has a strong understanding of Indigenous culture as well as First Nations, Metis and/or Inuit community dynamics. You will proactively build a network and forge new connections through direct outreach and engagement.You will independently work with influential Indigenous leaders, industry groups and non-profit organizations to develop and nurture community partnerships to meet the objectives of Rogers' Indigenous Collaboration mandate.What You'll Do
What You Need to Succeed
- You will participate in the development and execution of a Rogers Indigenous community engagement model and consultation plans, focusing on collaboration and open dialogue. You will play a key role in negotiations, supporting the project teams in obtaining mutually beneficial economic agreements (both short, and long-term) with Indigenous communities.
- You will work collaboratively with internal and external parties to develop Indigenous partnership models for Rogers service expansion projects.
- Lead negotiations with Indigenous communities in Ontario for both project-specific and long-term relationship agreements to help build certainty for the company and the Communities. These agreements may be purely economic in nature, or they may include a range of other mutually beneficial opportunities for shared collaboration.
- Sustain Rogers' status under the Canadian Council for Aboriginal Business (CCAB) Progressive Aboriginal Relations (PAR) certification.
- Support Rogers Indigenous Relations Commitment Statement, and alignment of our Indigenous policies, programs, and communications across the organization.
- Maintain an awareness of national, regional and local Indigenous issues that could affect Rogers' operations and growth opportunities.
- Support Rogers' brand, communications and media relations teams regarding Indigenous Collaboration inquiries, projects and issues.
As a condition of hire, all new employees will be required to provide proof of vaccinations against COVID 19. Any request for an exception under Human Rights legislation must be supported by evidence to be considered by Rogers on a case by case basis.Please click here to review conditions that may qualify for medical exemption to the COVID-19 vaccine.
- 4 to 7 years of demonstrated leadership in the field of Indigenous/community/public relations, business development, or project management.
- Previous experience in a role working directly with Indigenous communities
- Demonstrated ability to meet firm deadlines with minimal supervision; proven capacity to be a self-starter
- Project management skills with ability to manage key initiatives and budgets simultaneously
- Ability to plan, organize and execute work on time and on budget
- Ability to execute effective community engagement strategies
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication/presentation skills
- Strong analytical and professional judgment skills
- Demonstrated Indigenous peoples cultural and business awareness, with ability to collaborate effectively with community leaders to build lasting relationships
- Proven leadership skills
- Experience with issues management and risk mitigation
- Ability to manage issue related conflicts and issue resolution capacity (negotiation skills)
- Available to travel to various locations in Ontario to attend community meetings/events.
Schedule: Full time
Shift: No Selection
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 333 Bloor Street East (824), Toronto, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 75%
Posting Category/Function: Project Management & Coordination
Requisition ID: 271653
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
Our people are at the heart of our success
Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
We do what's right, each and every day
We believe in the power of new ideas
We work as one team, with one vision
We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ .
Toronto, ON, CA Being a Rogers team member comes with some great perks & benefits including:
• Health & well-being benefits
• Donation matching
• Paid time off for volunteering
• Wealth Accumulation including: Pension plan & Employee stock options
• Generous employee discounts
• Leadership development, Mentorship, and Coaching programs
*available for full-time and part-time permanent employees, some restrictions apply Looking for career guidance and inspiration?
Catch up on the latest episodes of For the Love of Work
podcast with Dr. Sonia Kang.Job Segment:
PR, Project Manager, Manager, Business Development, Marketing, Technology, Management, Sales
Sales and Marketing Management and Executive