Sr. Cyber Security Advisor
At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize their dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuel us, and moments define us.
As we grow our team, the well-being of our team members remains our top priority. To ensure the health and safety of our team members, including those in the recruitment process, our team members are working from home, and are equipped to do so safely and efficiently.
The Rogers Information and Cyber Security Unit is seeking a highly motivated Sr. Cyber Security Advisor
to join our Cyber Security Governance, Risk & Compliance team. This position provides security risk assessments for internal business unit customers, support various business and information technology initiatives, and collaborates with stakeholders to reduce risks across Rogers. Reporting to the Sr. Manager, Cyber Security Risk Management, this role will help to drive cybersecurity risk management, advisory services and thought leadership across the organization.What you will be doing:
What you have:
- Serve as a Sr. Cyber Security Advisor to the various lines of businesses by providing subject matter expertise as it relates to new services, products and projects.
- Educate and communicate security requirements, policies, standards and procedures to business/internal stakeholders as it relates to projects and strategic initiatives.
- Assess applications, infrastructure, business units, business processes and external suppliers for information security risks, identify the potential threats and exposures.
- Conduct security reviews of planned initiatives across the organization and produces high quality Threat Risk Assessment reports clearly articulating risks.
- Examine and interpret requirements documents, architecture diagrams, solution designs and other written and verbal information to determine if a project, application, infrastructure or external supplier presents security risk to Rogers.
- Provide recommendations to development and operational team to address security weaknesses and identify potential new security solutions.
- Undergraduate degree in Information Management, Computer Science, Business Management or related field.
- 7+ years of information security consulting and advisory experience.
- 5+ years of relationship management.
- Previous experience in the telecommunications industry is an asset.
- Working knowledge with information security frameworks including ISO 27002:2005. NIST, PCI and COBIT
- CISSP, CISA, CISM, CRISC or similar certification considered asset.
- Excellent initiative, analytical, and critical thinking skills
- Strong written and communication skills are required.
- Demonstrable understanding of how to network and develop working relationships with various key stakeholders.
- Strong business and technical acumen.
- Direct experience with developing security metrics, KRIs and KPIs for leadership
- Communicates effectively and creates clear and coherent written material. Synthesizes information into succinct, concise and logical summaries and reports.
- Ability to work with teams to achieve goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Works well under pressure with time constraints and can prioritize competing priorities appropriately.
- Can work independently with minimal supervision and direction.
- Proven record of accomplishment as a team player and business partner.
- Project management experience, the ability to plan, manage and maintain a complex organization wide program over the long term.
Full time Shift:
Day Length of Contract:
Not Applicable (Regular Position) Work Location:
8200 Dixie Road (101), Brampton, ON Travel Requirements:
None Posting Category/Function:
Technology & Information Technology Requisition ID:
250322Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:Our people are at the heart of our success Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do We do what's right, each and every day We believe in the power of new ideas We work as one team, with one vision We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ .
Posting Notes: Digital & Technology
Brampton, ON, CA Being a Rogers team member comes with some great perks & benefits including:
• Health & well-being benefits
• Donation matching
• Paid time off for volunteering
• Wealth Accumulation including: Pension plan & Employee stock options
• Generous employee discounts
• Leadership development, Mentorship, and Coaching programsLooking for career guidance and inspiration?
Catch up on the latest episodes of For the Love of Work
podcast with Dr. Sonia Kang.Job Segment:
Telecom, Telecommunications, Cyber Security, Consulting, Security, Technology