Would you like to join one of the fastest-growing organizations within Amazon Web Services (AWS) and help customers of all industries and sizes including Automotive, Financial Services, Energy, Big Data, and more gain the best value and service from AWS? At AWS Enterprise Support we're looking for a Technical Account Manager (TAM) to support our customers' creative and transformative spirit of innovation across all technologies, including Compute, Storage, Database, Big Data, Application-level services, Networking, Serverless and more. This is not a sales role, but rather an opportunity to be the principal technical advisor and 'voice of the customer' to organizations ranging from start-ups to Fortune 500 enterprises.
As a Senior TAM, you will help craft and execute strategies to drive our customers' adoption and use of AWS services, including EC2, S3, DynamoDB & RDS databases, Lambda, CloudFront CDN, IoT, and many more. Your technical acumen and customer-facing skills will enable you to effectively represent AWS within a customer's environment, and drive discussions with senior leadership regarding incidents, trade-offs, support and risk management.
You will provide advocacy and strategic technical guidance to help plan and build solutions using best practices, and proactively keep your customers' AWS environments operationally healthy. The close relationships developed with your customers will allow you to understand their business/operational needs and technical challenges, and help them achieve the greatest value from AWS. This position will require the ability to travel 10% or more as needed.
The TAM is the centerpiece of value to our Enterprise Support customers. If you wish to be at the forefront of innovation, come join us!BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 6+ years of technical engineering experience
• Experience with operational parameters and troubleshooting for three (3) of the following: Compute / Storage / Networking / CDN / Databases / DevOps / Big Data and Analytics / Security / Applications Development in a distributed systems environment
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Math, or related discipline required, or 8 years of equivalent work experience
• Internal enterprise or external customer-facing experience as a technical leadPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
• 7+ years of technical engineering experience
• Experience (3+ years) in one of the following fields or industries for a specialized role: Automotive, Financial Services, Government Sector, Health Care and Life Sciences, Independent Software Vendor, Media and Entertainment, Oil and Gas, Startup, or Telecommunications.
• Experience in Informational Technology operations
• Professional oral and written communication skills, presenting to an audience containing one or more decision maker(s)
• Experience in a 24x7 operational services or support environment
• Experience with AWS services and/or other cloud offerings
• Advanced Degree (MS, PhD)
Amazon is committed to providing accommodations at all stages through recruitment and employment in accordance with applicable human rights and accommodation legislation. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation, including in order to apply for a position.