What is the opportunity?
The Sr. Cloud Solutions Engineer interacts with our internal users and takes ownership of technical issues through to resolution, using a variety of tools and resources to gain the required knowledge, skills and expertise. The ideal candidate/s will have recently been involved in the daily support of customer applications running on PaaS such as OpenShift, VMWare Tanzu Application Service (formerly Pivotal Cloud Foundry), Amazon Elastic Kubernetes Service, Azure Kubernetes Service.What will you do?
What do you need to succeed?Must have:
- Fulfill incoming incidents, service and onboarding requests, assisting internal users and stakeholders in a courteous and professional manner
- Perform technical problem diagnosis and resolution
- Troubleshoot or crisis-manages internal user technical issues. Collaborate with other technical teams (in-house and vendors) to resolve service interruption problems
- Assess, analyze and make technical recommendations to improve user applications running on our Cloud Platforms
- Recreate and replicate user technical challenges with a mission to drive changes as needed to their production and testing environments
- Through effective communication, ensure users are well informed
- Contribute to the creation and enhancement of internal users support knowledge base
- Where appropriate, perform user follow-ups to gather further information to drive issues through to resolution
- Understand and translate complex technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Drive innovation through the design and buildout of state of the art tooling and automation routines
- May be required on occasion to participate in an on-call rotation for P1's & P2's Incidents
Nice to have:
- 2 years' work experience working with one or more of the following platforms (ideally supporting clients whom are deploying and managing application workloads)
- OpenShift or Kubernetes (Preferred)
- VMWare Tanzu Application Service - formerly Pivotal Cloud Foundry (Preferred)
- Amazon Elastic Kubernetes Service
- Azure Kubernetes Service
- 2 years' work experience working with Linux Operating Systems (ie: RHEL, CoreOS)
- 2 years' work experience scripting /coding in one or more of the following Python, Bash, GO
- Exceptional customer service skills, particularly the ability to empathize and follow through tasks to ensure customer satisfaction
- Excellent organization to ensure that many concurrent incidents are all being taken care of in a timely manner
What's in it for you?
- Experience debugging application problems for Java, NodeJS, .NET Core, Python etc (in relation to deployments on platforms)
Learn more about RBC Tech Jobs
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Training on newer technologies and framework such as Cloud computing etc
- An amazing opportunity to gain experience working with multiple industry leading cloud platforms.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign upand get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers .
Address: 330 Front St West
Work Hours/Week: 37.5
Work Environment: Office
Employment Type: Permanent
Career Level: Experienced Hire/Professional
Pay Type: Salary + Variable Bonus
People Manager: No
Application Deadline: 04/30/2021
Platform: Technology and OperationsReq ID:
344062 Ad Code(s):