Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think "TD" if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here's our story: jobs.td.com Department Overview
Business Information Management (BIM) at TD is part of a creative, enterprise-wide data and analytics ecosystem. Roles in BIM are highly professional and valued, specialized yet inter-connected and focused on making the availability of business information to designers, developers and decision-makers a priority, all with a united purpose to serve customers and continually build a better bank.
We're looking for analytical and agile professionals who can merge and translate data into technology and business information, serving today's business needs and setting in motion TD's longer-term goals and strategic objectives.
If you get data, its power and potential, we think you'll love working at TD, where data knows no bounds and where your professional expertise will help to drive the business forward and take your own career to new heights.Job Description About This Role
We are looking for someone who is well-versed at providing specialized business data management support to TD Finance, representing Finance Functional Areas in projects, issue, change and data quality related initiatives addressing and implementing data requirements that meet TD's overarching business management, strategy and governance objectives.
Meaningful work is fueled by meaningful performance and career development conversations with your manager. Here are the essential job functions of this position:
- Champion and support Finance Data Strategy, implementation if its roadmap through BAU and projects initiatives
- For projects and initiatives, develop data requirements, perform data impact assessments, support implementation of data related changes, lead impact assessments and update of all required data artifacts and data quality management processes
- Create and maintain data related documentation for the Finance Functional areas, that include but not limited to data flows, data controls, data feed inventories, report inventories
- Lead initiatives identifying critical data elements and data quality checks, controls and assessments for Finance as per the established roadmap
- Lead root cause analysis and remediation of data issues, working collaboratively with Business, technology and Governance partners within and outside of Finance
- Manage critical data inventories, metadata, data quality rules and data lineage in the Enterprise Data Catalogue
- Support data related audit and assessments from other governance control partners
- Identify issues and opportunities, understand trends and provide specialized business management advice to senior management and respective teams while raising industry, external and internal, enterprise and business awareness.
- Lead and coordinate the integrated implementation of policies, processes, procedures, and solutions across multiple functional areas.
- Provide subject matter expertise and help identify, design, test solutions and support implementation activities.
- Develop and provide complex reporting, analysis, and assessments at both the functional or enterprise level.
- Create and deliver presentations and communications geared to management or broader audience.
- Adhere to internal policies / procedures and applicable regulatory guidelines, contribute to the review of internal processes and activities and assist in identifying potential opportunities to improve operational efficiencies.
- Identify variances and contribute to the analysis, due diligence and implementation of initiatives and/or business operations within defined area of responsibility.
- Support development and/or/ implementation of standards, policies, procedures, and solutions that mitigate risk and maximize availability of service, efficiency and effectiveness.
#LI-Hybrid Requirements What can you bring to TD?
Share your most relevant experience, credentials and knowledge for this role, as well as these essential requirements and attributes:
- Undergraduate degree or technical certificate
- Five (5) or more years relevant experience from a business administration, statistical, mathematical, scientific or financial background
- Sound conceptual knowledge in your area of specialty
- Fluent in one or two programming languages
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficient knowledge of various data sources, tools and technologies used in preparing summaries/reports
- In-depth knowledge of competitor and market trends
- Proficient to analyze, organize and prioritize work while meeting multiple deadlines
- Expertise in using analytical software tools, MS Office, data analysis methods and reporting techniques
- Strong ability to work collaboratively and independently, communicate effectively (both speaking and writing), follow instructions/direction, and help building relationships across teams and functions
- Act as a brand champion for our business area / function and TD, both internally and externally
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.