4100 Gordon Baker Road
Job Family Group:
Are you looking to take your application performance understanding to the next level? We're looking for an engaged technical candidate with a strong Java development or performance management (performance monitoring, measuring, trending, reporting, troubleshooting and tuning) background who always want to know "why". On the Application Performance Management team, you will get the opportunity to dig deep into the metrics of current production applications to gage application capacity and to construct trends for predicting future volumes. In addition, you will be fully engaged in triaging and identifying root cause of performance-based technical issues for new projects before they go live. You will also become a valued partner to both development and operations teams in the ongoing tuning of their applications and understanding of how their components interact with each other.
The successful candidate will have a breadth of experience with technology and can quickly isolate the key metrics involved in understanding the performance of any system. They will be passionate about learning and be able to become familiar with new technologies at a rapid pace. They will have demonstrated leadership capabilities and be able to gage priorities, severity of issues and their potential cross impacts. They will also be able to explain complex concepts to executives while also being able to have detailed technical discussions with developers.
If you are this curious value driven individual, then we definitely want to talk to you.
- Minimum 10 years experience in the IT industry with 1-3 years experience with an application performance focus including testing, tuning, analysis or measurement
- Detailed oriented with excellent organizational and communication skills and the ability to influence direction
- Advanced knowledge of application and infrastructure level components and their related performance metrics
- Significant experience using application performance monitoring or observability tools like Dynatrace, App Dynamics, or DataDog and/or advanced knowledge of system-level performance monitoring techniques
- Advanced technical knowledge across a breath of technologies and the ability to quickly learn and apply new skills.
- Experience with Cloud technologies and concepts (Microservices, OpenShift, AWS, Azure)
- Advanced knowledge with performance tuning and investigation across all tiers - Web, App, & DB
- Advanced knowledge of Java Memory Management and concepts including GC types and tuning parameters on Java (IBM WAS, TomCat, etc.) or .Net applications
- Experience with Operating System performance monitoring tools and techniques
- Understanding of Basic Network Concepts (TCP/IP)
We're here to help
- Intermediate knowledge of database specific tuning (Oracle, MariaDB and/or DB2 UDB)
- Intermediate knowledge of IBM MQ
- Intermediate knowledge of Tibco BE, BW, EMS or BPM
- Ability to create dynamic reports for tracking and trending performance metrics
- Experience with BI tools like Spotfire, Tableau or PowerBI
- Intermediate knowledge of Python or other similar scripting languages
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Note to Recruiters: BMO does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to BMO, directly or indirectly, will be considered BMO property. BMO will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. A recruiting agency must first have a valid, written and fully executed agency agreement contract for service to submit resumes.