Permanent Primary Location:
Toronto, Ontario, Canada All Available Locations:
Calgary; Edmonton; Montreal; Ottawa; Toronto; Vancouver; Victoria Our Purpose
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
Enjoy flexible, proactive, and practical benefits that foster a culture of well-being and connectedness.
Build a network of colleagues for life
Be expected to share your ideas and to make them a reality. Join the People Experience Team!What will your typical day look like?
The General HR Coordinator aligns under Tier 2, Specialized Services. This team provides administrative, transactional and specialized operational support to meet business needs through end-to-end lifecycle consultation with exceptional customer service. In this role, you will:
About the team
- Coordinate and administer efficient and effective operational HR activities, including performance management, compensation and promotions;
- Prepare analysis/data insights and draft/develop presentation materials to enhance and support the performance experience, including Quarterly Business Reviews and Talent Reviews;
- Provide support for employees as they begin and while they are on parental or illness leaves, including frequent points of communication;
- Apply your HR knowledge to solve non-standard problems for internal clients;
- Manage projects, working across multiple stakeholders;
- Provide subject matter expertise and quality review work created by the Tier 1 (General Inquiry Services) team when required;
- Identify enhancements in support of creating efficiencies;
- Respond to and redirect HR inquiries appropriately.
People Experience is a tiered, centralized team, providing a scalable platform to respond to changing business needs, and drive continuous improvement across the Culture and People Office function. The team is the face of HR to the business and delivers people inquiry, intake management, program services, and people leader services (aligned to lifecycle stage and Workplace Experience pillars). With a focus on the employee journey, People Experience delivers end-to-end operational experiences through defined processes that are standard for all business segments.Enough about us, let's talk about you
Our shared values
- A relevant Degree (CHRP designation is an asset);
- 3 - 4 years HR experience, with demonstrated knowledge of performance management and some other functions of human resources (e.g. talent development, policy development, succession planning, compensation or recruitment strategy);
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills, which you use to forge strong connections and work collaboratively across all levels of the firm;
- Proven experience using data and analytics to provide insights, analyze trends and support leaders to make decisions;
- Ability to prepare clear and compelling presentation materials and reports in support of HR activities;
- High degree of empathy, ability to maintain confidentiality and the ability to effectively leverage centers of expertise to meet business requirements;
- A commitment to diversity and inclusion in everything you do;
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook);
- Bilingualism (English/French) is an asset.
While our Purpose guides us and helps explain why we exist, our shared values describe the behaviour we expect from each other at the firm.
They provide common ground to unite us across cultures and geographies. They help us to earn the trust and respect of our stakeholders. We all commit to living by these shared values, to stay true to the principles they represent, and to honour the legacy from which they came. They are what sets us apart and makes us Deloitte.
Every day, we live our Purpose through the following five shared values:
The next step is yours
- Lead the way: Deloitte is not only leading the profession, but reinventing it for the future. We're also committed to creating opportunity and leading the way to a more sustainable world.
- Serve with integrity: Deloitte has earned the trust of employees, clients, regulators, and the public for 175 years. Upholding that trust is our single most important responsibility.
- Take care of each other: We look out for one another and prioritize respect, fairness, development, and well-being.
- Foster inclusion: We are at our best when we foster an inclusive culture and embrace diversity in all forms. We know this attracts top talent, enables innovation, and helps us deliver well-rounded client solutions.
- Collaborate for measurable impact: We approach our work with a collaborative mindset, teaming across businesses, geographies, and skill sets to deliver tangible, measurable, attributable impact.
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan , Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative .
We encourage you to connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
if you require an accommodation for the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations). We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.