Specialist, Social Media Marketing
Come play a key role in building the future of Sports & Media! Everyone wants to be part of a transformational team - and that's exactly what we're building at Rogers Sports & Media. A team that innovates and a team that wins.
At Rogers Sports & Media we are committed to creating and growing teams that are digital-first, fast-moving and bold-thinking and are focused on delivering impact with everything they do. Our impressive collection of assets includes media properties, sports teams, sports events & production, venues, e-commerce platforms and a close connection with our Connected Home and Wireless team. Collectively, we touch the lives of 30 million Canadians every month!
Not only is our business strong, but so is our culture. We genuinely care about each other and working in an environment that allows each of us to bring our best authentic selves to work. That starts with our firm commitment to a diverse, inclusive and safe workplace. We're also dedicated to giving back by using our media megaphone to help Canadians who need it most. Our team is All IN on diversity and inclusion - find out more at www.allinforequity.ca .
This role has been posted in locations where we have a Rogers corporate site. We encourage qualified candidates from across the country to apply who can reasonably commute to one of these locations.
As we grow our team, the well-being of our team members remains our top priority. To ensure the health and safety of our team members, including those in the recruitment process, our team members are working from home, and are equipped to do so safely and efficiently.
Are you up for the challenge and the fun?If so, consider the following opportunity!
Rogers Sports & Media is looking for a Social Marketing Specialist to join our growing TSC Marketing Team. Reporting to the Social Marketing Manager, the successful candidate will be accountable for bringing the TSC brand to life in social media content across all owned organic social platforms.
He/she/they will do so by 1) acting as the brand voice in all social channels, and 2) working collaboratively with internal and external partners (Marketing, Digital Content, Creative, Web, Merchandising, and social partners such as Facebook/Instagram, Twitter and influencers) to develop and execute the social content calendar.What you will do...
What you will bring...
- Act as the voice of the brand across social media communities, including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest & Youtube
- Support strategic development and execution of social media plans through competitive research, platform determination, benchmarking, messaging and audience identification
- Execute organic social media campaigns with excellence to achieve all financial, customer acquisition, follower growth and engagement targets
- Develop a robust and meaningful content calendar including pre-planned and "in-the-moment" content to bring the brand to life in the key moments that matter
- Generate, edit, publish and share daily content (original copy, images, video, etc.) that builds meaningful connections with target audiences, leveraging channel best practices
- Execute the influencer marketing strategy and execution, including identification of key influencers based on alignment to brand identity & business objections, contract development and influencer relationship management.
- Ensure consistent and elevated brand identity and voice are maintained across all social content and channels
- Deliver ongoing reporting, measurement and optimization recommendations for all social campaigns and channels, including communication to key business stakeholders, leveraging social listening, competitive reviews and KPIs
- Support social insights development by leveraging social listening tools and by collaborating with Customer Care
- Contribute to multi-year strategy by following and testing emerging trends in the social landscape
- Collaborate with brand team and internal teams in the planning and execution of digital media projects, such as email marketing, online advertising, promotions/events and more
- Build relationships and drive collaboratively with internal and external partners, including cross functional teams and partners, such as Digital Content, Creative, Broadcast, Web, Merchandising, Customer Care, influencers, Facebook/Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, Youtube, & TikTok
Here's what you can expect in return:
- Your authentic self!
- A passion for marketing, social, retail and the evolving e-commerce industry
- 2-3 years marketing experience and a proven ability to work cross functionally with agencies and partners to execute social marketing campaigns
- Strong organization, problem solving and project management skills
- Strong working knowledge of all major social media platforms and tech (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Youtube, Pinterest, TikTok, Snap Chat, etc.)
- High accountability and social marketing expertise
- Exceptional written communication stills
- Ability to leverage brand guidelines and social best practices to drive engagement, follower growth and revenue through social creative and copy
- Experience executing successful influencer marketing campaigns
- Familiarity with Excel, Adobe Creative Suite; website content management systems and analytics programs (e.g. Adobe Analytics, Planoly, etc.)
- Demonstrable social networking experience and knowledge of social analytics and social listening tools (e.g. social studio)
- A bias for continuous learning and high performance amongst a team
- Passion for analytics & belief in the power of research and data to drive better decision making
- Experience activating always-on and seasonal social campaigns, including briefs, execution, results reporting and optimization recommendations
- Knowledge of online marketing and good understanding of major marketing channels
- A desire to collaborate, influence and lead amongst peers
- A competitive salary and benefits that include access to our Employee Share Accumulation Program, Retirement Benefits and a variety of other perks including a TSC employee discount
- A manager who deeply cares about your development and long-term career at Rogers
- A team that trusts and wants to win together
- Smart and accomplished colleagues who are focused on both the "what" and the "how"
- Flexibility to work from home even after the pandemic ends
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ . Schedule:
Full time Shift:
Day Length of Contract:
Not Applicable (Regular Position) Work Location:
59 Ambassador Dr (096), Mississauga, ON Travel Requirements:
None Posting Category/Function:
Marketing & Marketing Communication Requisition ID:
Posting Notes: Rogers Sports & Media
Mississauga, ON, CA Being a Rogers team member comes with some great perks & benefits including:
• Health & well-being benefits
• Donation matching
• Paid time off for volunteering
• Wealth Accumulation including: Pension plan & Employee stock options
• Generous employee discounts
• Leadership development, Mentorship, and Coaching programsLooking for career guidance and inspiration?
Catch up on the latest episodes of For the Love of Work
podcast with Dr. Sonia Kang.Job Segment:
Social Media, Media, Merchandising, Network, Marketing, Retail, Technology
Sales and Marketing