At KPMG, you'll join a team of diverse and dedicated problem solvers, connected by a common cause: turning insight into opportunity for clients and communities around the world.
KPMG's U.S. Tax Services group is a team of professionals who assist Canadian businesses to manage and minimize U.S. taxes in a cross-border context. Our U.S Tax practice is growing, and we require strong professionals to join our dynamic U.S. Tax team in the GTA.
Our group provides U.S. tax compliance and advisory services which includes assisting clients with their U.S federal and state tax return filing requirements and a wide range of tax consulting services, such as assisting clients in determining their optimal U.S. tax structure and advising on internal restructurings to lower an organization's overall effective tax rate.
We're looking for someone that has a strong desire to excel in the Tax world to join our team and that can help us make our clients' businesses better! What you will do
What you bring to the role
- Preparing and reviewing U.S. corporate and partnership tax returns for multinational clients
- Preparing and reviewing U.S. tax provisions for public and private companies
- Working closely with managers, senior managers and partners on tax planning and advisory engagements
- Research and analysis of a wide variety of U.S. tax issues
- Interacting with clients and other team members
Keys to your success:
- Post-secondary degree with a major or focus in Accounting/Tax
- Completed US CPA or willingness to complete US CPA or IRS Enrolled Agent requirements
- Prior experience in a public accounting firm is a considerable asset
- Experience with GoSystem is considered an asset
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and teamwork skills, with the ability to manage conflicting demands and priorities and to multitask
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal skills and to be able to communicate to clients
- Able to provide persuasive and self-assured responses to challenging questions
KPMG individuals Deliver Impact | Seek Growth | Inspire Trust
and understand that a diverse workforce enables us to deepen relationships and strengthen our business. Providing you with the support you need to be at your best
For more information about KPMG in Canada's Benefits and well-being, click here. Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here .
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to visit our accessibility page .