302 Bay Street
Job Family Group:
Data Analytics & Reporting
Supports the research and development of quantitative risk modeling methodologies and related strategies in support of the management of risks arising from business/group portfolios and products. Applies knowledge of analytics algorithms and technologies to develop forward looking models and analytic solutions that ensure risks are properly identified, understood and risk related strategies are enabled. Summarizes statistical findings, draws business conclusions, and presents actionable business recommendations used in the management of risks and related activities e.g. associated internal controls; enterprise-wide stress testing and scenario analysis; capital modelling; valuations. Drives innovation through the development of data products that can be leveraged across the organization and establishes best practices as well influences data governance guidelines and policies. May specialize in one or more risk categories e.g. Credit Risk, Market Risk, Interest Rate Risk, etc.
We're here to help
- Acts as a trusted advisor to assigned business/group.
- Influences and negotiates to achieve business objectives.
- Recommends and implements solutions based on analysis of issues and implications for the business.
- Assists in the development of strategic plans.
- Identifies emerging issues and trends to inform decision-making.
- Supports the execution of strategic initiatives in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Helps determine business priorities and best sequence for execution of business/group strategy.
- Conducts independent analysis and assessment to resolve strategic issues.
- Automates validation tests to improve quality and efficiency of the validation process.
- Identifies emerging issues and trends to inform decision-making.
- Builds effective relationships with internal/external stakeholders.
- Ensures alignment between stakeholders.
- Cleanses, manipulates, and transforms data through programming/scripting for model training and validation.
- Conducts various pre-implementation and post-implementation analyses to estimate/measure business impact caused by model adoption (e.g., revenue increase, cost reduction, corporate brand image).
- Provides input into the planning and implementation of operational programs.
- Executes work to deliver timely, accurate, and efficient service.
- Develops analytical solutions and makes recommendations based on an understanding of the business strategy and stakeholder needs.
- Provides advice and guidance to assigned business/group on implementation of analytical solutions.
- Works with stakeholders to identify the business requirements, understand the distinct problems, and the expected outcome and models and frames business scenarios which impact critical business processes and/or decisions.
- Works with various data owners to discover and select available data sources from internal sources and external vendors (e.g. lending system, payment system, external credit rating system) to fulfill analytical needs.
- Applies scripting/programming skills to assemble various types of source data (unstructured, semi-structured, and structured) into well-prepared datasets with multiple levels of granularities (e.g., demographics, customers, products, transactions).
- Develops agreed analytical solution by applying suitable statistical techniques (e.g., A/B testing, prototype solutions, mathematical models, algorithms, machine learning, artificial intelligence) to test, verify, refine hypotheses.
- Summarizes statistical findings and draws conclusions and presents actionable business recommendations. Presents findings & recommendations in a simple, clear way to drive action.
- Documents data flow, systems and processes in data collection to improve efficiency and apply use cases.
- Performs experimental design approaches to validate finding or test hypotheses.
- Uses the appropriate algorithms to discover patterns.
- Builds effective relationships with internal/external stakeholders. Ensures alignment between stakeholders.
- Supports development of tools and delivers training for data and analytics.
- Supports development and execution of strategic initiatives in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Leads/participates in the design, implementation and management of core business/group processes.
- Focus is primarily on business/group within BMO; may have broader, enterprise-wide focus.
- Provides specialized consulting, analytical and technical support.
- Exercises judgment to identify, diagnose, and solve problems within given rules.
- Works independently and regularly handles non-routine situations.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- Typically between 5 - 7 years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Data preparation, data analysis, and statistical tool sets including but not limited to Spotfire, Tableau, SQL, SAS, R, Python, MATLAB, SPSS.
- Relevant experience in risk, capital, and/or treasury management is preferred.
- A professional designation in Finance or Risk management is preferred.
- Post-secondary degree in Finance/Economics/Math required.
- Professional designation in Finance or Risk management required.
- Deep knowledge and technical proficiency gained through extensive education and business experience.
- Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth.
- Collaboration & team skills - In-depth.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth.
- Influence skills - In-depth.
- Data driven decision making - In-depth.
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.