Canada Drives is changing car buying in Canada! Be at the forefront of the biggest disruption to car shopping in our lifetime. For the first time ever, Canadians have the power to buy their next vehicle completely online. Our organization provides customers with a 100% online purchasing experience, from start to finish, including delivery right to their door!
Our Mission is simple - be the easiest place to buy and sell your car in Canada.
We are looking for a Specialist, HR & Training who is eager to learn and grow their career! The full-time role is based out of our recently opened Brampton office in Ontario. Reporting directly to the Human Resources Manager, you will support the Talent & Culture team by performing various tasks related to Human Resources and Corporate Training. The position functions in an environment where considerable attention to detail and the ability to handle highly confidential material is required.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Support the day-to-day operations of the HR department
- Coordination of new hire administrative processes
- Facilitate new hire orientations
- Maintain information in HRIS to ensure consistency and integrity of HR data as per HR administration guidelines and conduct timely audits
- Support the Talent & Culture team by providing seamless support and training to our Brampton-based employees and new hires
- Identify and assess training needs within the company and plan, organise and implement a range of training activities
- Create HR-related reports, resources, and communications materials including handbooks, company policies, etc.
- Assist in strategizing and solutioning with managers on performance and/or disciplinary issues
- Engage in employee relations; ensuring that company guidelines are administered in a fair, non-discriminatory manner
- Coordination of onboarding/offboarding tasks, benefits administration, timely audits, etc.
- Ad hoc HR administrative projects as assigned
- Other duties as required
What You Should Already Have:
- Post-secondary education in HR, Business or related field
- 2 year of HR, talent development or training experience
- Experience in creating and conducting training amongst groups of varying sizes
- High attention to detail with good analytical skills
- General understanding of Provincial employment standards and legislation
- Ability to take initiative, prioritize and organize multiple tasks effectively and to see them through to timely completion
- Intermediate MS Office skills including Word and Excel
- A positive, proactive attitude. The successful applicant must be comfortable with change
What We Will Give You:
- Opportunities for advancement
- Compensation: TBD
- Comprehensive health, dental and vision coverage