2465 Argentia Road
Job Family Group:
Customer Shared Services
Finds innovative, collaborative solutions to resolve customer complaints and inquiries while balancing the customer and bank's needs. Continuously assesses and improves work processes in order to maximize effectiveness and efficiency of the group.
We're here to help
- Creates innovative business development strategies, including collaborating with other BMO partners to grow the business.
- Develops, maintains, and services client relationships to identify areas of improvement to support overall client experiences.
- Provides subject matter expertise relating to products, processes, and operating systems.
- Identifies skilled knowledge gaps and performance improvement opportunities for the team.
- Collaborates with specialized units within BMO (e.g., legal, media, privacy) to develop integrated, customer focused solutions to resolve high risk contentious cases.
- Builds and fosters strong relationships with BMO partners and leaders.
- Monitors and tracks performance, and addresses any issues.
- Manages complaint resolution process for complaints received by executives and non-executives.
- Responds to customer concerns by drafting and delivering response letters signed off by executives.
- Prepares customer documentation and executive summaries of complex cases.
- Reviews and triages incoming complaints and refers to appropriate colleagues as required.
- Investigates small claims cases to support BMO Legal/external legal counsel; may be required to attend court cases.
- Assists or coordinates stakeholder review processes.
- Provides product knowledge subject matter expertise to internal stakeholders.
- Ensure compliance and adherence to Bank policies and procedures and completion of required operational effectiveness activities as they relate to but are not limited to, privacy, money laundering and fraud.
- Focus is primarily on business/group within BMO; may have broader, enterprise-wide focus.
- Exercises judgment to identify, diagnose, and solve problems within given rules.
- Works independently on a range of complex tasks, which may include unique situations.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- Typically between 5 - 6 years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous experience in lending sales & service. including previous credit qualifications.
- Knowledge of products, services, and operations - In-depth.
- Reasoning and problem resolution skills - In-depth.
- Negotiation skills - In-depth.
- Technical proficiency gained through education and/or business experience.
- Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth.
- Collaboration & team skills - In-depth.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth.
- Influence skills - In-depth.
- Data driven decision making - In-depth.
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Banking, Finance and Insurance Sales and Marketing