You've got big plans. We have opportunities to match, and we're committed to empowering you to become a better you, no matter what you do.
When you join KPMG you'll be one of over 219,000 professionals providing audit, tax, advisory and business enablement services across 147 countries.
With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there's no limit to the impact you can make. Let's do this. The opportunity:
Our Real Estate Corporate Tax practice works closely with clients to help minimize federal and provincial corporate income taxes. We provide assistance in ensuring our clients are compliant with their income tax filing obligations and we are also pro-active in identifying and implementing income tax saving opportunities that help improve and make our clients' businesses better. Through tailored tax planning advice, our tax teams help clients gain a competitive advantage.
. What you will do
What you bring to the role
- Prepare working paper files and income tax returns for personal and corporate clients.
- Ensure follow-up on Notice of Assessments.
- Communicate with the CRA on various tax matters.
- Perform tax research.
- Work with Managers, Senior Managers, and Partners on client engagements where you will have the opportunity to develop and assist with tax planning strategies for our clients.
- Responsible for maintaining client files to ensure accurate and timely completion of returns and schedules.
Keys to your success:
- Minimum 3 years' experience in a public accounting firm.
- Successfully passed the CFE, and has obtained a CPA designation.
- Currently enrolled or willing to enroll in the In-Depth Tax program.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership and team building skills.
- Strong time-management abilities and self-motivation.
- Demonstrates the ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Is keen to assist in the development and implementation of tax planning strategies for various clients.
- Willingly takes on and learns new skills by researching a wide variety of tax issues.
- Excellent client service skills with an aptitude to understand the clients' business and maintain strong client relationships.
Individuals who take deep personal accountability for their work, have a passion for excellence, driven to achieve their full potential and understand the value of building relationships with clients, future clients, their communities, the global firm and each other. A KPMG professional should have all the following characteristics:
- Strong work ethic
- Thrive on challenges
- Dedicated to providing outstanding client service
Learn more about where a career at KPMG can take you.
#LI- JS22 Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice.
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact KPMG's Employee Relations Service team for support at email: firstname.lastname@example.org
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778 Option 3.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at email@example.com