Permanent Reference code
:105702 Primary Location:
Toronto, Ontario, Canada All Available Locations:
Toronto Our Purpose
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
- Learn from deep subject matter experts through mentoring and on the job coaching
- Be expected to share your ideas and to make them a reality.
- Be part of a firm that leads the way and pushes themselves to look like contemporary Canada.
This is your opportunity to join Deloitte's growing M&A - Sale and Purchase Agreement (SPA) and disputes team.
Our team works side-by-side with M&A practitioners throughout the firm, clients and their legal advisors. Typically, this involves advising clients in developing contractual solutions to financial and commercial issues identified during due diligence, including advising on purchase price adjustment mechanisms and completion accounts policies in the transaction agreements being negotiated.What will your typical day look like?
This role will include the following activities:
About the team
- First and foremost, help clients negotiate better financial and accounting terms in the SPA.
- Working closely with due diligence teams to identify areas of risk and opportunities to create additional value.
- Review of transaction documentation to identify key issues, including:
- Assessing the suitability of the pricing mechanism (for example, locked box; completion accounts and/or earn-out) and associated accounting based definitions;
- Considering the appropriateness of key financial Representations and Warranties ("R&W") and indemnities; and
- Developing robust accounting policies for completion accounts based mechanisms.
- Working with Partner to develop appropriate client recommendations.
- Managing project risk issues and monitoring costs/recovery.
- Reporting key issues and delivering recommendations to clients.
- Help build the practice and have opportunity to grow within Deloitte.
- Participating in practice development activities
The M&A Transaction Services team is a collaborative group that creates value for clients undergoing a merger, acquisition or divestiture. Our team is growing. It supports our clients in all stages of the M&A lifecycle through our One-Deloitte approach. We engage on deals of all sizes in in diverse industries. The team has successfully closed deals, small and large, serving mid-market private and public sector clients, in all industries, in Canada and internationally.We are a group of collaborative, autonomous and amazing people who value client service excellence while having FUN and supporting career growth of each other.
You can easily work from home or the office, although it does require the flexibility to meet peaks of work inherent in the cycle of a deal, which we often try to manage.Enough about us, let's talk about you
To qualify for the role, you must be/have:
Our promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life. Be yourself, and more.
- An CA/CPA qualification or equivalent qualification/experience (e.g., law degree with accounting or finance background).
- Attention to detail.
- A flexible working style and an ability to adapt quickly to changing circumstances and priorities.
- Strong writing and reviewing skills, with an appropriate focus on conciseness and risk management.
- Broad commercial acumen coupled with a robust personality capable of operating effectively under the pressure and fast-pace of the deal marketplace.
- Excellent interpersonal skills required to challenge, negotiate and operate at a senior level.
- Client focused, ensuring high quality service.
- Experience of working on transactions, disputes and/or completion accounts. Experience in M&A Transaction Services is definitely a great asset.
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance. You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you're from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be. Be the leader you want to be
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader. Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles - and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors. Our TVP is about relationships - between leaders and their people, the firm and its people, peers, and within in our communities.The next step is yours
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan , Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative .
We encourage you to connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
if you require an accommodation for the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations). We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.Job Segment:
Risk Management, Developer, Equity, Accounting, CPA, Finance, Technology
Management and Executive