Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think "TD" if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here's our story: jobs.td.com Department Overview Building a World-Class, Diverse and Inclusive Technology Team
We can't afford to be boring. Neither can you. The scale and scope of what TD does may surprise you. The rapid pace of change makes it a business imperative for us to be smart and open-minded in the way we think about technology. TD's technology and business teams become more intertwined as new opportunities present themselves. This new era in banking does not equal boring. Not at TD, anyway.TD Applications & Systems Development
covers technical planning, integration, systems analysis, design, development, unit and component systems testing, support-maintenance, and more. Meaningful, effective relationship-building is part of what these highly-skilled experts do best as they work together with technology project managers, delivery partners, business and systems analysts, testing and quality assurance teams, sponsors and so many other stakeholders to clarify requirements.
There's room to grow in all of it.Job Description
CTS is looking for an Solutions IT Designer to join the OMNI delivery team. As a Senior member in the team, the focus must be on providing high quality code with respect to new features and functionality that our business requires on the platform and to work collaboratively with the team to confirm any questions/assumptions that they might have. You will work with a fast paced development team responsible for the core capabilities of this self-service channel. We are looking for someone to lead the creation of a comprehensive end-to-end detailed solution with overall accountability for the technical design and delivery of the System Design Specification (SDS). You'll be exposed to stretch assignments as you take on large-scale, complex and/or enterprise-wide projects.
Please note this position is located at 4720 Tahoe Blvd in Mississauga.
Here's some of what you may be asked to perform:Meaningful work is fueled by meaningful performance and career development conversations with your manager.
- Must be hands on as a senior developer and lead/guide other members in the team.
- Develop and document a detailed solution design within SDS, impart your subject matter expertise throughout life cycle.
- Participate in complex applications and systems development, programming.
- Give solution options. bolster stakeholder support.
- Collaborate with stakeholders on project estimates.
- Produce top-notch functional, technical and user interface designs.
- Take business, Enterprise Architecture, system performance and development standards requirements, then develop functional, technical and user interface designs for an application and/or system.
- Consult on System Requirements Specification (SRS) development.
- Review technical deliverables for quality throughout detailed design and development phase, identify gaps or redesign as needed.
- Define metrics and performance goals with technology partners and peers.
- Respect TD's technology delivery practices and standards, project management disciplines, business technology architecture, and risk and production capacity - this includes thorough project requirements, documentation, scope estimates, and costs.
- Deliver effective and efficient solutions by meeting milestones and ensuring project deliverables are on time, within budget, and adhere to the corporate quality and security standards.
- Find ways to keep costs low, help come up with strategic solutions to support cost effectiveness and enhance stakeholder experience.
- Conduct code reviews to address quality, standards compliance, reusability and ease of maintenance, Operational Readiness Reviews, and support gating and review sign-offs for solution design.
- Ensure applications are free of common coding vulnerabilities (and follow standard security practices).
- Proactively put forward ideas that speak to project objectives (e.g. development, testing solutions, and tools).
- Complete unit and integration testing per standards and design specs.
- Respect TD's technology delivery practices and standards, project management disciplines.
- Apply and share technical expertise during incident management life cycle (e.g. analyzes reports and outages, perform impact assessments, facilitate stakeholder communication).
The candidate must have proven JAVA development experience and experience in working on an agile project team.
You're awesome at:
- Development (J2EE and Web Services)
- Angular 9
- Applications Servers (JBoss, Tomcat)
- Databases (Oracle, Store Procedures, SQL)
- Web Services (HTTP, XML, REST, SOAP, WSDL, UDDI)
- GIT, Stash, JIRA
- Continuous Integration and Test Driven Methodologies
- Operating Systems (AIX, Linux)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized, self-motivated and customer oriented
- Attentive to detail and a thought leader in their space
- Prioritize and manage own workload in order to deliver quality results and meet timelines
- Support a positive work environment that promotes service to the business, quality, innovation and teamwork and ensure timely communication of issues/ points of interest
- Identify and recommend opportunities to enhance productivity, effectiveness and operational efficiency of the business unit and/or team
- Establish effective relationships across multiple business and technology partners, program and project managers
Please note this position is located at 4720 Tahoe Blvd in Mississauga. Hours
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.