Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think "TD" if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here's our story: jobs.td.com Department Overview
The team is part of the Business Banking Digital Onboarding TS portfolio. We build and maintain solutions for the complex business account opening process. Team members are Solution Designers working in Agile pods responsible for delivery of high-quality business capabilities in alignment with business priorities and technology strategy in the Bank.Building a World-Class, Diverse and Inclusive Technology Team
We can't afford to be boring. Neither can you. The scale and scope of what TD does may surprise you. The rapid pace of change makes it a business imperative for us to be smart and open-minded in the way we think about technology. TD's technology and business teams become more intertwined as new opportunities present themselves. This new era in banking does not equal boring. Not at TD, anyway.TD Applications & Systems Development
covers technical planning, integration, systems analysis, design, development, unit and component systems testing, support-maintenance, and more. Meaningful, effective relationship-building is part of what these highly-skilled experts do best as they work together with technology project managers, delivery partners, business and systems analysts, testing and quality assurance teams, sponsors and so many other stakeholders to clarify requirements.
There's room to grow in all of it.Job Description About This Role
We are looking for someone to lead the creation of comprehensive end-to-end detailed solutions with overall accountability for the technical design and delivery of the System Design. You'll be exposed to stretch assignments as you take on large-scale, complex and/or enterprise-wide projects. You will be working in an Agile delivery team and will play a critical role in grooming a healthy product backlog and working with product owners to prioritize MVP work for product releases. As a senior member of the Solutions Designer practice, you will participate in portfolio-wide design decisions and will embed best practices for software engineering and operational resiliency.
The successful candidate will be a Thought leader who mentors junior team members and drives efforts to reduce time to market by solving difficult problems. Knowledgeable about multiple capabilities in the portfolio and has cross-technology knowledge.
Meaningful work is fueled by meaningful performance and career development conversations with your manager. Here's some of what you may be asked to perform
- Develop and document a detailed solution design for your team, impart your subject matter expertise and cross-technology knowledge throughout product life cycle.
- Participate in complex applications and systems development, programming.
- Give solution options, bolster stakeholder support.
- Participate in application support and currency initiatives for the portfolio
- Collaborate with stakeholders on project requirement analysis and effort estimates.
- Produce top-notch functional, technical and user interface designs.
- Take business, Enterprise Architecture, system performance and development standards requirements, then develop functional, technical and user interface designs for an application and/or system.
- Review technical deliverables for quality throughout detailed design and development phase, identify gaps or redesign as needed. Guide developers on following coding standards and industry best practices
- Define metrics and performance goals with technology partners and peers.
- Respect TD's technology delivery practices and standards, project management disciplines, business technology architecture, and risk and production capacity - this includes thorough project requirements, documentation, scope estimates, and costs.
- Demonstrate ownership of the solution design and delivery
- Deliver effective and efficient solutions by meeting milestones and ensuring project deliverables are on time, within budget, and adhere to the corporate quality and security standards.
- Find ways to keep costs low, help come up with strategic solutions to support cost effectiveness and enhance stakeholder experience.
- Conduct code reviews to address quality, standards compliance, reusability and ease of maintenance, Operational Readiness Reviews, and support gating and review sign-offs for solution design.
- Support knowledge management processes and ensure knowledge is codified, monitored, tracked and managed.
- Ensure design leverages existing reusable components, traces back to business requirements, and that new modules are designed with reusability in mind.
- Identify and address any issue that affects the integrity of the application (e.g. cross-capability/release issues).
Requirements What can you bring to TD?
- Provide technical support to promptly resolve escalated incidents/outages.
Share your credentials, but your relevant experience and knowledge can be just as likely to get our attention. It helps if you have:
- Undergraduate Degree or Technical Certificate.
- 10+ years relevant experience, including Solution Design
- Advanced and extensive knowledge of the business (or organization), technical environment, standards, processes, procedures, programming languages and operating systems.
- Proven track record of readiness and motivation (as senior or lead developer and valued subject matter expert) to address and resolve highly complex and multifaceted development-related issues, often independently.
- Subject matter expertise in at least one area of discipline, seasoned in counselling clients and project teams on all aspects of research, analysis, design, hardware and software support, development of technical solutions and testing.
- Proven experience, strength, in coaching and advising teams.
- Commitment to and belief in the quality of your deliverables.
- Technical skills required:
- Solid understanding and experience of Design Principles, Object Oriented Design Patterns
- Experience working in AGILE delivery
- Strong communication skills
- Strong working knowledge of Object Oriented Programming techniques
- Proven development experience architecting and delivering large complex high volume enterprise web applications
- Experience in Java/J2EE/Spring framework
- Experience in Java 8+
- Experience in Spring framework (Spring Core with Annotation, Spring Boot Spring Rest docs)
- Angular 5 and up
- Good understanding of Spring Security & Authorization, OAuth
- Experience with Git version control
- Experience with JBOSS EAP 7.x application server - 2+ years
- Good understating of data serialization and JSON, RAML
- Experience with Maven, Nexus, deployment automation tools and CICD Pipelines
- Experience with logging frameworks
- Experience in writing unit test cases
- Solid understanding of responsive web design, web standards and browser compatibilities
- Experience with integrating HTML/Angular front ends with Rest end points, Node js and using JSON .
- Experience with integration services OAUTH
- Experience in JPA/Hibernate 4.x and up
- Experience with relational database, prefer SQL Server 2012-2019
- Experience in Linux
Additional Information Join in on what others in TD Technology Solutions are doing:
- Experience with modern Cloud-based deployment and hosting solutions (e.g. MS Azure)
- Inspire a positive work environment and help champion quality, innovation, teamwork and service to the business.
- Learn voraciously, stretch your thinking,
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.