Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think "TD" if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here's our story: jobs.td.com Department Overview Developer: Regulatory Reporting Initiatives
TD Securities Regulatory Technology team is looking for an application developer to implement solutions in alignment with the firm's technology strategy. The team is responsible for providing technology solution around the Regulatory Reporting (G20 Regulations including Dodd Frank, MiFID), FATCA, Strategic Finance Reporting Job Description Job Description/Accountabilities:
· The successful candidate will be involved in planning, analysis, design, coding, consulting & implementation on a variety of projects.
· Provide hands-on support and technical guidance to other developers.
· Contribute on architecture design decisions, as well as development tools and best practices for the team.
· Perform analysis, design, programming and testing, based on SDLC methodology while adhering to bank technology standards
· Technologically flexible with a strong desire and capability to learn new technologies
· Competent to analyze, resolve issues/tasks independently
· May be responsible for completion of an entire life cycle of application development
· Work closely with Project Manager and provide input on project timelines
· Work closely with Business System Analyst to translate business requirements into technical solutions
· Apply analytical skills for problem solving and resolution
· Conduct and participate in code reviews
· Coach and mentor other team members as appropriate
· Participate in knowledge transfer with the team
· Evaluate new technologies to ensure currency and relevance of the solutions Specific Educational Requirements/Accreditations:
· College/University degree Requirements
An Application Developer with experience and background in real-time event driven systems, Java development, Databases and Application Integration with knowledge of JMS, REST, XML, XSLT, SQL are best suited for this role. Working knowledge of project deliveries based on Agile methodologies and DevOps principles is a must have
. Familiarity with NoSQL datastores, implementation in Azure and over Open Source systems like Apache Hadoop eco-system, etc. will be very useful. Must have:
· Java development including J2EE, Spring/Spring boot framework
· Experience with Python and/or Scala
· Database development and querying - SQL, Data partition, Views in Oracle, Postgres, Cassandra, MongoDB
· XML, XSLT, JSON
· Collaboration Tools - Confluence, Stash, JIRA, TeamCity/Jenkins
· Application Development using Messaging middleware; Two or more of the following: JMS, Complex Event Processing, REST, Solace, MQ
· One or more of Apache Hadoop stack, Cloudera stack, Datastax stack Additional requirements:
· Enterprise Integration patterns
· Familiarity with Cloud, NoSQL Datastores, BigData, DevOps and Microservices concepts
· Experience with Angular and/or React
· Familiar with secure coding practices
· Software Development principles and methodologies - traditional and agile
· Strong research skills and analytical ability
· Investment banking knowledge / experience
· Strong communication skills (oral and written) Technologies Currently in Use:
· Linux / Windows
· Postgres, Oracle, Cassandra, SQL Server
· Solace, TIBCO BusinessWorks, TIBCO BusinessEvents, WebSphere MQ, JBoss Additional Information Join in on what others in TD Technology Solutions are doing:
- Inspire a positive work environment and help champion quality, innovation, teamwork and service to the business.
- Learn voraciously, stretch your thinking,
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.