Requisition ID: 111006
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture. The Team
The Automotive Finance Team at Scotiabank is experiencing a massive transformation and growth with constantly evolving digital journeys and disruptions within automotive ecosystem and financing technologies. Scotiabank is one of the top automotive finance lenders in Canada and the Solution Architect role will be pivotal to drive the growth forward and maintain our leading position in the marketplace through delivering innovative and top-notch digital solutions for our automotive partners, business and customers The Role:
As a Solutions Architect, you will play a key role in understanding the needs of our business, customers and developers and advise on enterprise grade scalable solution architecture. You will define and own technology development standards, architecture road maps and experiment new emerging technologies to deliver industry leading automotive finance technology solutions. Reporting to the Director of Development, the Solutions Architect role will assist in the preparation of detail design specifications, estimation and integration solutions for new business applications, product enhancements and maintenance according to Bank's Enterprise Architecture standards Is this role right for you?
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
- Provide technical leadership with state-of-the-art solution architecture design for major business application and technology initiatives focusing on Windows/Web/Internet systems (i.e. Windows and Internet Architecture, Web Servers, Web Designs, Internet Protocols, and Internet Security).
- Articulate solution ideas and strategies in structured walkthrough presentations of application systems to/with project team members and business stakeholders during various stages of the development process
- Manage, analyze and present Performance and Capacity Management functions to Director, Development and other Information Technology & Solutions (IT&S) Solutions Architects on all systems supported.
- Act as an internal consultant and a trusted advisor to senior management and development teams on solution standards and design. Stay engaged and participate in all phases of the Agile development life cycle.
- Mentor and coach other team members on technical issues and solutions
- Assist in the design and solution for automated test-driven strategies & execution.
- Investigating, analyzing and resolving system problems during standard working hours and assigned on-call hours.
- Escalating and/or reporting system problems to management as per the documented escalation procedures.
- Expected to provide background information on all matters, as well as opinion and the effect of proposed actions to the Director to assist him/her in making decisions.
- Provide technology leadership to the development team ensuring that they adhere to the department's technical strategy and assist in growing their technology expertise and knowledge
What's in it for you?
- 5+ years of progressive technical working experience in systems development & architecture.
- Must have expert working knowledge/experience with web-based information technology principles including Cloud native, .NET, Windows and Java-based System Architecture & System Integration methodologies.
- Must have 5 years with Web Services integration and principles (RESTful and SOAP).
- Deep expertise with knowledge/experience of API management tools, design patterns and DevOps.
- Excellent communication (verbal/written/presentation) skills are essential.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple complex initiatives.
- Ability to build & foster relationships with business stakeholders by offering effective scalable solutions.
- Nice to have - Experience with Agile and Scrum Development methodologies
- Knowledge of cloud development technologies and tools such as Docker Containers, Kubernetes, VMs and Micro services.
- Experience with Azure Cloud, Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) and Google APIGee is preferred
- Comprehensive knowledge on .NET architecture, Java/J2EE based development tools, DevOPs, API integration, SQL databases and Event driven architectures such as RabbitMQ, Apache Kafka and Redis
- Familiarity with newer front-end development technologies such as ReactJS, Spring and NodeJS
- Working knowledge of Big data technologies (Hadoop, Apache Spark, NoSQL, Mongo DB)
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create beautiful customer experiences
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- Dress codes don't apply here, being comfortable does
- Onsite cafeteria
- We offer a competitive total rewards package that includes a base salary, a performance bonus, company matching programs (on pension & profit sharing), generous vacation, personal & sick days, personal development funding, maternity leave top-up, parental leave and much more.
Canadian Banking Technology supports the end-to-end technology needs of Scotiabank's Canadian banking business, including a broad range of banking products and services from savings and chequing accounts to credit cards and commercial loans. Joining our team gives you access to great opportunities with a wide range of traditional and emerging technologies while delivering innovative solutions for our business applications and platforms
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Stratford
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Solution Architect, Architecture, Bank, Banking, Developer, Technology, Engineering, Finance