120 Bloor Street East
Job Family Group:
Creates a visionary IT architecture roadmap and organizational strategy to align business needs with technologies. Leads and facilitates the design and implementation of repeatable technical solutions and processes related to technology architecture. Defines and documents efficient and transparent architectural principles, standards, and guidelines regarding the proper use and deployment of business applications, data, and technology within the Bank. Partners with broader internal stakeholders to define architectural possibilities and futures. Works with business and development teams to recommend processes or system design enhancements. Ensures that systems are functionally appropriate, technically sound, and well-integrated. Provides immediate response to critical production program-wide problems to evaluate solutions, coordinate applicable recovery, and ensure resolution.
We're here to help
- Provides strategic input into business decisions as a trusted advisor.
- Works with internal stakeholders to provide architectural recommendations and guidance and departmental presentations.
- Leads and facilitates the design of technology projects and applications.
- Acts as the prime subject matter expert for internal/external stakeholders.
- Reviews technical work.
- Develops and recommends productivity aids to accelerate delivery.
- Creates and manages key architecture assets for the designated portfolio and business scope.
- Ensures sound and robust architecture and provides sufficient guidance for the successful implementation of solutions to mitigate negative enterprise technology and budget impacts.
- Identifies risks or issues with technology solution and design that may impact realization of project benefits, and guides and supports stakeholders in making good decisions that proactively resolve or mitigate potential project risks/delays.
- Participates in the system specification review process to ensure system requirements can be translated into valid software architecture.
- Identifies and researches relevant technologies, performs proofs of concept / prototypes, and recommends the applications of such technologies for future product architecture.
- Provides input into the preparation of business case.
- Stays abreast of industry technical and business trends through participation in professional associations, practice communities, and individual learning.
- Provides architectural expertise and domain knowledge to advise and guide senior leaders.
- Operates at a group/enterprise-wide level and serves as a specialist resource to senior leaders and stakeholders.
- Implements changes in response to shifting trends.
- 5+ years of Solution Architect experience in a large, enterprise level environment
- 5+ years of software development experience ( Angular, Java, Node.js, etc )
- Strong knowledge and work experience in:
- Internet facing applications
- Web technologies, Angular 9+, JS, CSS, Web applications, content management, etc
- Mobile iOS and Android apps, primarily hybrid apps
- Internet facing Application Security controls
- Cloud technologies (AWS)
- Industry standard protocols such as oAuth, OIDC, SAML, JWT
- API's design, API gateway, Swagger, Spring Boot, Java, Node.js
- End to end enterprise solutioning (frontend to Enterprise services to Product system/3rd party)
- Breath of communication protocols
- Strong understanding of service-oriented architecture, databases, and data modeling techniques
- Strong experience with real-time and batch interface design and implementations
- Strong understanding of TOGAF framework
- Strong experience designing and implementing micro-services
- Strong experience with SOAP/XML and RESTFUL/JSON schema design and implementation
- Strong experience with database structures and relational database design and modeling
- Security concepts (like Authorization and single sign on)
- Designing and scaling applications
- Design Patterns and architectural patterns
- Agile background
- Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth / Expert.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth / Expert.
- Collaboration & team skills; with a focus on cross-group collaboration - In-depth / Expert.
- Able to manage ambiguity.
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Note to Recruiters: BMO does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to BMO, directly or indirectly, will be considered BMO property. BMO will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. A recruiting agency must first have a valid, written and fully executed agency agreement contract for service to submit resumes.