At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize their dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuel us, and moments define us.
As we grow our team, the well-being of our team members remains our top priority. To ensure the health and safety of our team members, including those in the recruitment process, our team members are temporarily working from home.
Rogers for Business is seeking a Solutions Architect - Network responsible for medium, large, and public sector clients. The successful candidate will have extensive network infrastructure design experience and customer relationship skills for enterprise business accounts.
The candidate will report to the Senior Manager, Customer Solutions and will be an integral part of a sales team responsible for gathering customer business and technical requirements, designing comprehensive networking solutions, delivering sales presentations, presenting technical information about products and services, conducting product demonstrations, product evaluations, and collaborating on RFP and RFI responses. The candidate must have a strong understanding and experience with OSI layer 1, 2, and 3 networking to satisfy business requirements in multiple verticals. What you'll be doing:
What you bring:
- Provide pre-sales technical advisory services to all Rogers EBU sales channels with an emphasis on medium, large enterprise, and public sector
- Interface with key decision makers (ranging from IT staff up to and including CIOs) of current and potential customers
- Design differentiated technical solutions that fit customer requirements
- Advance solution specifications internally for product fulfillment
- Gain and maintain a deep understanding of product sets and provide feedback into their evolution
- Assume the lead for technical responses on RFP, RFQ, and RFI documents
- Complete high-level construction cost evaluations and escalate to Market Opportunity Review team as required
- Aid sales team in understanding technical solutions
- Interface with other groups including Network Planning, Transport and IP Engineering, Service Delivery, and Service Assurance
Additional Qualifications Considered:
- University degree or technical diploma in Engineering, IT, Computer Science, or related field
- 5 years of work experience in a telecommunication service provider or IT services organization
- Strategic thinker who can see the big picture
- Advanced knowledge of the design and implementation of Ethernet, Internet, and MPLS
- Advanced knowledge of WAN/LAN environments
- Advanced knowledge of fiber and copper infrastructure and technology
- Strong knowledge of transport topologies, equipment, and technology
- Strong knowledge of SONET/DWDM and other optical network services provisioned on-net and on leased facilities
- Working knowledge of IP-based services including SIP & IP Telephony
- Proven record in solution and product positioning
- Excellent business/technical writing and communication/presentation skills
- Excellent skills in translating technical designs into high level network diagrams
- Have active industry related credentials (CCNA, CCNP, CCIE, P. Eng., etc.)
- Ability to sell, persuade and negotiate
- Ability to respond to complex RFP documents
- Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Visio, Access)
- Use of a personal vehicle for business purposes is required
- Sales experience in data centre industry
- Comprehensive understanding of Server and Storage Architecture, Common Application Design, Network Access technologies, Routing and Switching technology, Network Security, Virtualization Technologies, IT Budgeting and Planning, IT service management frameworks
- Knowledge of Application Layer Protocols (DNS, SMTP, HTTP, POP3, IMAP4, HTTPS, NNTP, NNRP, SSH, etc.
- Knowledge of Name Severs, Authentication Servers, Mail Servers, Accounting servers and Corporate Web Servers
- Hardware skills - specifying, installations, troubleshooting, conflicts, etc.
- Working knowledge VMware, Windows and Linux operating systems
- Working knowledge of storage and server architecture.
- Any Cisco, VMware, Microsoft, ITIL, other IT Certification would be an asset
- In depth knowledge of Security concepts (CISSP beneficial or ISP Certification)
- Experience in performing security breach analysis with recommended outcome in order to proactive
Full time Shift:
Day Length of Contract:
Not Applicable (Regular Position) Work Location:
85 Grand Crest Place (031), Kitchener, ON Travel Requirements:
Up to 50% Posting Category/Function:
Sales & Account Support Requisition ID:
220358 Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what's right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ .
Posting Notes: Sales Job Segment:
Solution Architect, Architecture, Telecom, Telecommunications, Engineer, Technology, Engineering
Find similar jobs:
Sales and Marketing