Cayenta is looking for an experienced Project manager to assist with key projects for our install base customers. As a Project manager, you will report to the Director of Project Management Services and work closely with key stakeholders; Operations Group, Key Clients, Finance, R&D, & Support Services
You will be based out of the Burnaby, BC office and will have the opportunity to travel throughout all of North America approximately 25-50% of the time.
- Demonstrate outstanding project control, ensuring that project plans / schedules, project budgets, and scope control all exceed expectations.
- Effective project management provided through, impact analysis, leading project scope negotiations, managing expectations of evolving project requirements
- Identify, analyze and assess business opportunities, processes, and workflows for PMO process improvements
Project Delivery & Critical Issue Resolution
- Adhere to the schedule of work for all phases (& refine as a project journey progresses) of the project including start-up and post implementation follow-up.
- Be knowledgeable on project deliverables and contractual documentation to ensure obligations and expectations are met.
- Prioritize project needs based on tasks outstanding, obstacles or barriers, budgets, resources and deadlines.
- Coordinate resolution of project issues and/or delays to reduce the impact on the project and ensure timely implementation.
- Additional learning opportunities as the project evolves.
Client Management & Leadership
- Responsible for all aspects of the project delivery, including managing the scope of the project and changes to the project deliverables, while ensuring client satisfaction and organizational profitability.
- Regular communication of project updates, critical issues, implications, and progress to our clients and our leadership team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Communications, or Information Systems required.
- PMP Certification considered an asset.
- Minimum 5 - 7 years of Project Management experience (with 2 - 3 years of direct management) within a software environment.
- Experience from the Big 4 professional services firms, MBB, Big Oil / Utilities or SAP / Oracle highly preferred.
- Problem solving, critical thinking and analytical skills; must be comfortable making decisions independently.
- Detailed oriented, conscientious about meeting expectations, and ability to exceed expectations within a matrixed organization.
- Entrepreneurial Spirit, with willingness to ‘roll up sleeves’ and work at all levels of client organization.
- Strong influencing, coaching and communication (both written and verbal) skills across all levels of an organization, plus a passion for seeing others succeed.
- Must be able to successfully manage and complete multiple tasks within deadlines.
- Must be able to travel up 25% of the time within North America without restriction.
Cayenta is involved in some of the most challenging and interesting projects in the technology industry and we're always looking for talented, highly motivated individuals who seek the same. One of the most important decisions we make is the next person we invite to join our team. As a Cayenta employee you will be consistently challenged to deliver your best, and you will be fairly compensated for your efforts. Because we provide our customers the best technologies and services in the industry, you will constantly develop new skills, learn new products, and be involved in activities that are highly valued in the marketplace. Most of all, any potential employee must be willing and able to represent our core operating principle, which simply stated is: "We value our customers as partners, therefore their success and satisfaction, as well as our own, depends on delivering excellence in everything we do."
Posted: October 13, 2018
Closes: December 12, 2018