At KPMG in Canada, we believe our differences make us stronger. When you join the team you'll be part of a diverse group of professionals with a common goal - making an impact and driving innovation.
In a culture that fosters inclusion and encourages flexibility, you'll receive the tools and guidance to grow your skills and achieve success your way. Come as you are. Let's do this.
Ignition Tax is a team of technology trailblazers who pride themselves on creativity and innovation. Tasked with leading KPMG Canada and our clients through digital transformation, Ignition Tax is focused on technology innovation to unlock value and prepare our clients for the future of tax. KPMG Ignition Tax helps organizations realize opportunities through our far-reaching intelligence capabilities that allow for the development of modern software solutions.
In a fast-paced, experimental environment, our team collaborates with strategic partners and tax leaders across Canada to build next-generation solutions. Our culture is rooted in the belief that our people are at the heart of everything we do, and your growth, happiness, and wellbeing are of utmost importance to us.
By fostering an inclusive startup culture within the stability and support of KPMG's world-class firm, Ignition Tax approaches each project with a unique perspective, a multitude of complementary skill sets, and expertise that allow them to build technology solutions that shape the future of KPMG's business.
We are currently seeking a talented Entry Level Software Engineer
to join KPMG's Ignition Tax Practice
in Toronto. This role will be a rewarding experience for you if you:
- Thrive on challenges and work best in a fast-paced environment where each day is different
- Work well in a project team environment and have strong collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Have a permanent "figure it out" mindset
Video: Learn more about our Ignition Tax Practice What you will do
What you bring to the role
- Develop and design end-to-end cloud-native solutions
- Write high-quality, high-performance and maintainable code
- Participate in all phases of the software development life cycle and support testing and deployment of new products and features
- Implement best practices across the team and participate in code reviews
- Write and execute unit tests for your code as a practice
- Participate in the research and evaluation of new tools and technologies that can help drive innovative solutions for our clients
- Collaborate with Solution Specialists, Data Scientists, and Data Engineers in drafting the functional specifications required during the software development life cycle
Keys to your success
- Experience with building web applications using one or more frameworks like Vue.JS, ReactJS, Node.js, C#, .Net Core, Python etc.
- Experience in relational and non-relational databases such as Cosmos DB, SQL, MySQL
- Proficient in using and designing REST APIs
- Commitment to putting quality first and delivering quality solutions
- Leveraging a reusable components library
- Awareness of cross-browser compatibility issues
- Strong knowledge of GIT
Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
- Hungry for experience, and eager to learn in a rapidly-changing industry
- A curiosity that looks to redefine the norm and sees technology and innovation as a tool to open new doors and new opportunities
- Passionate and capable of delivering solutions with a high attention to detail
- An attitude of resourcefulness that inspires creativity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG is committed to the health and safety of our people, clients and communities. With this commitment in mind, KPMG complies with all public health mandates (provincially and/or federally, as applicable) and has implemented various safety measures, including a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. KPMG's COVID 19 Vaccination Policy requires all employees to be fully vaccinated if they wish to or are required to attend a KPMG office and/or other congregate settings in the course of their duties (such as client sites or third-party venues).
As this role requires occasional or consistent attendance at a KPMG office and/or congregate setting, the successful candidate must be fully vaccinated (i.e. have received all doses that are recommended by Health Canada, including any boosters) and must provide KPMG with proof of vaccination. KPMG will provide reasonable accommodation if the successful candidate cannot be vaccinated due to grounds protected by human rights legislation in their province of employment.
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact us at email@example.com
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778.
Customer Service and Support