Requisition ID: 151876
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
As a Software Engineer with PLATO Application Engineering, you will have an opportunity to be part of a group of people changing how the Bank develops applications, consumes services, and manages our IT infrastructure. We are looking to build our Product Engineering team with influencers, practitioners, and leaders who will drive us forward and enhance the experience of our customers.
The Enterprise Shared Services group provides solution design, development, integration and operational services for enterprise customer digital communication products. If you are passionate about building services that our users will love, have a strong technical mindset, and thrive when immersed in a fast-moving environment, then this is the place for you!
The successful candidate will have five years or more hands-on experience in application design, development, and operations that leverage such technologies as Java, Jboss Fuse/Camel, Apache Karaf, Redis Cache, No SQL and SQL databases, cloud platform services, Jenkins and Maven. The incumbent must be adept at troubleshooting and problem solving in a highly integrated cloud environment. Experience with continuous integration and deployment methodology is an asset.
The individual is comfortable working with business and technical staff ensuring systems are designed and maintained according to enterprise architectural standards. Collaborating with team members, they will utilize Agile best practices and metrics to build high quality technology solutions.
It is essential that the incumbent be proactive, eager to learn, have a 'Can Do' attitude, and demonstrate initative and eagerness to succeed. Is this role right for you?
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
- Work closely with Product Owner and other SMEs to interpret requirements and translate them to software solutions.
- Ensure delivery of negotiated product/function while following standards and methodologies. This includes the design, development , and unit testing of solutions using Java, Apache Camel, Apache Karaf/JBoss Fuse, and a variety of Azure services.
- Create and maintain detailed design documents as well as supporting the lifecycle of those documents.
- Build and test integration software solutions.
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and performance.
- Participate in technical meetings with client's technical specialists.
- Provide support for testing efforts and defect resolution.
What's in it for you?
- Solid technical experience developing and supporting applications using technologies such as Java 8 and above, Apache Camel, Spring boot, No SQL databases, and cloud services
- Experience designing and developing applications and reusable components using a service-oriented architecture.
- Knowledge and experience in securing data both in transit and at rest (data encryption, PKI, TLS, HTTPS)
- Exprience with SOAP/RESTful web service technologies and related security.
- Proficient with source code versioning tools (Git/Bitbucket).
- Proficient with build tools (Maven).
- Excellent team player with experince working in an Agile environment.
- Good organizational skills, excellent problem-solving, and excellent communication skils.
- Experience in integration technologies such as IBM MQ Series and Kafka an asset.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure cloud platform is an asset.
- Experience with a non-SQL database is an asset.
- Must be flexible to adapt to a dynamic environment, and make quick and sound decisions under pressure.
- Must be reliable, pro-active, results-oriented, customer-focused and attentive to details.
- Must be able to think conceptually out-of-the-box.
- Computer Science / Engineering Degree or equivalent.
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity and curiosity and celebrates success!
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create meaningful customer experiences.
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world.
- We hire you for your talent - not just a job - so you can grow with us. We'll equip you for success not only in your role, but also in your career as a whole.
- Dress codes don't apply here: being comfortable does.
- Our work from home social channel offers weekly virtual yoga, social events, learning opportunities, and contests to share current experiences & promote wellbeing in our new remote environment.
- Access to thousands of online and in-person courses so you can hone your current skills, or learn new ones.
- A competitive rewards package that includes a base salary, a performance bonus, company matching programs on pension and profit sharing, paid vacation, personal & sick days, medical, vision, and dental benefits that start from day one and much more!
- Free shuttle service to and from Union Station, onsite subsidized cafeteria with a chef, and an onsite fitness center*
*Some of our perks & onsite offerings will be offline as we continue to monitor federal and provincial regulations around COVID-19.
Working location condition: Hybrid / Remote
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto || Canada : British Columbia : Vancouver
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Test Engineer, Software Engineer, Java, Application Engineering, Computer Science, Engineering, Technology
Software and Programming Engineering