Requisition ID: 111569
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
The Derivatives Technology team is leading the way in developing modern systems to support our Global Capital Markets businesses worldwide. As a Sr Software Engineer, you will design, implement, and deploy production code fixes. You will participate in design discussions focused on scalability, observability, and operability of solutions. Is this role right for you? In this role, you will:
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role? - We'd love to work with you if you have:
- Development and support of a front-office trading system used for trade booking, trade execution and pricing of derivatives trades
- Conduct proof of concept on new technologies or solutions around Microservices
- Participate in design discussions on scalability, performance, security, Microservices best practices
- Write well-designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices
- Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs
- Produce day-to-day activities in a manner consistent with our risk culture
- Champion a knowledge-sharing environment, promote peer-to-peer learning and prevent knowledge silos within the team
- Mentor and coach other team members on technical issues, set standards and code reviews
- Create an environment where your team pursues effective and efficient operations of their respective areas while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls
- Actively discuss implementation details and software architecture with other team members
What's in it for you?
- Previous work experience in an Agile/Scrum delivery model
- Minimum 3+ years of service side development experience with Java, Spring with an emphasis on REST services
- Excellent Computer Science Fundamentals; Algorithms and Design Patterns
- Proficiency in using Git for source code repository; Maven and Jenkins for build
- Bachelor (equivalent or higher) degree in Computer Science or relevant experience
- Experience creating and implementing on-premise and off-premise applications
- Well-rounded interpersonal skills, with the ability to build relationships cross-functionally, based on Scotiabank's values of respect, integrity, passion, and accountability
- An inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- Work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- Opportunity to make a significant impact, as you will contribute to viable solutions to design products and applications that will be used by over 21 million customers globally
- Tools and technology needed to create beautiful customer experiences
- Learning and development - free access to Pluralsight membership to upskill and develop your skills.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Developer, Java, Bank, Banking, Computer Science, Technology, Finance