Title: Software Engineer - Full Stack Java Developer, Derivative Trading
Requisition ID: 90299
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. Purpose
The Derivatives Technology team is leading the way in developing modern systems to support our Global Capital Markets businesses worldwide.
We are looking for creative, self-starting, results-oriented, highly motivated individual with attention to details and excellent problem-solving skills. The incumbent need to be able to multi-task and work in a fast paced and agile environment Key Accountabilities
- Development and support of a front-office trading system used for trade booking, trade execution and pricing of derivatives trades.
- Conduct proof of concept on new technologies or solutions around Microservices.
- Participate in design discussions on scalability, performance, security, Microservices best practices.
- 8+ years of service side development experience with Java, Spring, Hibernate, Spring Boot with an emphasis on REST services.
- 5+ years of experience with relational or no sql databases.
- Excellent Computer Science Fundamentals; Object Oriented Design; Java Design Patterns;
- Proficiency in using Git for source code repository; Maven and Jenkins for build;
- Previous experience designing mission critical systems.
- Has Worked in an Agile Environment.
- Previously worked as a Lead Developer or a Technical Lead
- 10+ years of service side development experience with Java, Spring, Spring Boot with an emphasis on Web or REST services.
- Experience with REST, Microservices Architecture, Event Driven Architecture
- Experience with ElasticSearch, Kafka, Cassandra, RabbitMQ, Sql Server, Redis, Kibana, Grafana, Prometheus, Logstash, Ansible, Docker.
- Experience with multithreading.
- A very good knowledge of capital markets and financial instruments
- Experience working on front office trading applications
- Understanding of cloud-based deployment
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Developer, Java, Bank, Banking, Software Engineer, Technology, Finance, Engineering